Tour Valparaiso - Santiago - Valparaiso

fleckle

For the people who are cruising back-to-back, can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced day tour that picks you up in the morning at the pier in Valparaiso, takes you sightseeing for the day around Valparaiso - Vina del Mar - Santiago, and then brings you back to the ship that evening?

Thanks

Fleck

For the people who are cruising back-to-back, can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced day tour that picks you up in the morning at the pier in Valparaiso, takes you sightseeing for the day around Valparaiso - Vina del Mar - Santiago, and then brings you back to the ship that evening?

Thanks

Fleck

You can rent a car in Vina del Mar (5 minutes from the dock) and do your own tour. We rented from Advantage on the US website. About $50.00 for the day.

And driving to the wineries is a piece of cake-most are off the toll road from Valparaiso to Santiago. You just need a map and some of the wineries need reservations for lunch, tours, etc. If you want to go to Santiago, you will have to hustle. It is about a hour and a half drive each way. What time does your ship leave Valparaiso??? May not have time to see much of anything in Santiago and it may be a wasted trip if the ship leaves about 5:00PM. You will have to be back on board no later than 4:30. Please judge your time.

I believe that is not recommendable to make a trip until Santiago, your time will be very brief, you must think that, in this station of the year there are enough cars in the city of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, the freeways are very good from Valparaiso to Santiago but, its trip would be very fast this can be a disadvantage for its security, I recommend to calmly know Valparaiso, Viña del Mar, Concón, Reñaca and to have lunch in some good restaurant. You also can visit another coastal zone about 45 minutes of Valparaiso, your name is Isla Negra, it is a place different of Valparaiso and from the city of Viña del Mar, with constructions small and beautiful beaches, in this route there is great amount of winery, you can eat and do tour by some of them, Veramonte is very good, by businesses I often have been in Chile, I have made adjustments with enaturchile.com specialize in private trips.

I hope to have been able to help him

Last year me and my wife cruised on Holland America, before our trip we contacted MDT&CO by e-mail, they went to pick us up to Santiago airport and the they took us for a tour in Santiago, vineyards in Casablanca(the best wine) Vina del mar and Valparaiso, we did all this i think in 7 hrs, was perfect enough time to see everything. We recomend you to contact them, our guide was very nice and with a good english level.

Alex and Inger

Archived