Anyone familiar with Hotel 1898 in Barcelona

We stayed at Hotel 1898 for 3 days before our cruise in July. WE loved it. The location is right on Las Ramblas with a Starbucks right outside the door. There was very little noise if any from the street. We heard no horns honking or sirens like you would staying in a city like Chicago. The rooms are spacious compared to most in Europe. There was lots of room for us to walk even on both sides of the bed where it can be quite tight in some hotels. The outside terrace was our absolute favorite spot. There are two pools which my children used both.One was on the terrace and the other was indoors. The terrace has nice lounging beds or tables to sit and enjoy the sun,views and a glass of wine. We could see the Christopher Columbus statue, the Cathedrals steeple and La Sagrada Familia. My husband and I want to revisit very soon.

This is a very nice hotel in a very nice location ... even if there is a Starbuck's next door <grin> .. there are also good Catalan cafes and even an excellent Basque cafe within a block or two.

If you can not find things to do and enjoy around the hotel, you need some serious anti-depression medication. I suggest you be a bit careful about pickpockets and purse snackers. If hese activities ever become an Olympic sport, Catalania is going claim Gold, Silver, and Bronze ... and if they don't due to bad judging, they will simply steal the medals and take them home anyway. Just be careful and use normal precations and you will be fine.

Paul

Archived