General Spa question

Please note I am not trying to start an in-depth discussion...

I just want to know if there was a specific reason why you can't pre-book your spa appointments. They let you order tons of stuff on-line pre-cruise, but not spa treatments.

At most resorts (like Sandals) they let you... so just curious! :D

I know DCL offers advanced spa bookings (and apparently, they book quickly). I'm not sure why RCCL doesn’t, but it may work out better. My wife had no problems booking a last-minute facial on Freedom two weeks ago. Also, they were offering $30 off while in port, so it seems that may be a slow time for them (if you can work it into your schedule).

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that because unlike Princess, RCI (and perhaps to some extent, Steiner, the spa vendor) have not invested in the technology needed. They still do everything using paper and pencil.

Hopefully someday they will choose to make the investment, like they did with dining room reservations.

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that because unlike Princess, RCI (and perhaps to some extent, Steiner, the spa vendor) have not invested in the technology needed. They still do everything using paper and pencil.

Hopefully someday they will choose to make the investment, like they did with dining room reservations.

Ummm very interesting... I would love to pre-book my spa treatments... or at least know what is available. I really don't care about a discount as much as I care about the specific treatment and time slot. DH and I always love to indulge in a couples massage whenever we are on vacation, but it's going to be hard to book it when we don't know what/when/how it's available.

I guess I would rather book my day around the spa treatment then try to book my spa treatment around my day.

Or better yet have it already paid for... gives me some false sense on how much I paid prior than trying to see the whole bill at the end of the cruise! LOL

Anywho- thanks for the answer!

Ummm very interesting... I would love to pre-book my spa treatments... or at least know what is available. I really don't care about a discount as much as I care about the specific treatment and time slot. DH and I always love to indulge in a couples massage whenever we are on vacation, but it's going to be hard to book it when we don't know what/when/how it's available.

I guess I would rather book my day around the spa treatment then try to book my spa treatment around my day.

Or better yet have it already paid for... gives me some false sense on how much I paid prior than trying to see the whole bill at the end of the cruise! LOL

Anywho- thanks for the answer!

I also wish you could book the specialty restaurants also. Both of these can be done if you are in suite or diamond AND the concierge contacts you before the cruise.;)

Archived