Dinning?

glenda g

When dining in your room for dinner, they use the cocktail table as a base and put a larger, square table on top of it. They set the table with linen and serve your dinner one course at a time along with wines poured with each course. It is a very civilized way to dine in your suite!

That will be better than those five star hotels -- I guess the average five star hotel won't do it (course by course dinner with settings) for their basic room guests. We should make sure we try that at least once when we get on the Shadow for a week!

The funniest is always on the first afternoon of the cruise, the hallway by the suites are crowded with carts lined up, ready with plates of caviar. I guess they know everybody orders caviar on the embarkation day with their champaign. Always.

• 2 weeks later...
The funniest is always on the first afternoon of the cruise, the hallway by the suites are crowded with carts lined up, ready with plates of caviar. I guess they know everybody orders caviar on the embarkation day with their champaign. Always.

That's been standard on my three Silversea cruises... caviar and blinis with all the accompaniments before dinner the first night. And champagne :)

Archived