How long until they post a review?

Florida_Native

I submitted a review on our Sensation cruise over a week ago and absolutely no posting or even a response. It was not a very flattering review, but I hope they did not trash it. How long do they usually take?

FN

You should post it here as well, would love to read why it was not a very flattering review. I also would like to know what other cruiseilnes you have sailed on prior to this cruise. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Fred

Thanks for all of the replies. I think I will wait until they post the review before I add details here. I typed the whole thing into the review form instead of writing into a file and then copying into the review form so I don't have a local copy. Stupid, but live and learn. I will say that Sensation must be atypical of most Carnival ships from other reivews I have read. The ammenities, long lines, unusual decor and especially the passengers on board made it feel like a trip to Walmart.

FN

Here are some highlights:

BAD - 20 minute line for 4 pieces of sushi

BAD - Several "gospel" singer type people couldn't wait for their turn on the Karaoke stage and were singing at the top of their lungs in the hallways.

BAD - The more I looked around the more it felt like I was in a 80's Prince music video (purple everywhere).

BAD - Mechical clanking and grinding noise below our cabin (lower deck) woke us up around 4AM two nights in a row. Admin desk sent two different people who looked concerned but only provided earplugs (I was more worried about something in the ship breaking) and later were "pleased" to offer us a downgraded cabin at no extra expense....

GOOD - Wait staff in Dining Room and bars were friendly and efficient, though difficult to understand at times.

GOOD - Carl in the piano bar, but his contract is over now.

GOOD - Dinner at The Poop Deck restaurant overlooking the marina in Nassau, also taxi ride with Alex.

GOOD - Asian Connection band in Michelangelo's. Those guys can sing Skynard, Journey, Megadeath, Pink Floyd, everything but Boston.

More later.....

FN

Here are some highlights:

BAD - 20 minute line for 4 pieces of sushi

BAD - Several "gospel" singer type people couldn't wait for their turn on the Karaoke stage and were singing at the top of their lungs in the hallways.

BAD - The more I looked around the more it felt like I was in a 80's Prince music video (purple everywhere).

BAD - Mechical clanking and grinding noise below our cabin (lower deck) woke us up around 4AM two nights in a row. Admin desk sent two different people who looked concerned but only provided earplugs (I was more worried about something in the ship breaking) and later were "pleased" to offer us a downgraded cabin at no extra expense....

GOOD - Wait staff in Dining Room and bars were friendly and efficient, though difficult to understand at times.

GOOD - Carl in the piano bar, but his contract is over now.

GOOD - Dinner at The Poop Deck restaurant overlooking the marina in Nassau, also taxi ride with Alex.

GOOD - Asian Connection band in Michelangelo's. Those guys can sing Skynard, Journey, Megadeath, Pink Floyd, everything but Boston.

More later.....

FN

Oh my, I bet you were starving to death by the time you got your four pieces. Did you faint from malnutrition?

Difficult to understand? Perhaps because they were not from the US?

Oh lucky us...

I will admit the last cruise I was on was for our honeymoon 14 years ago. And the one before that was two years previous. Both were on Premier (don't remember ship names). We took this cruise because our daughter is 13 and had never been on one before. We did not do a lot of research on ships and Port Canaveral was an obvious choice since we live 30 minutes away. That narrowed it down to Carnival, Disney and RCL. Disney was out, and when I read the Carnival crowd was usually a late night bunch, we were in.

I already detect sarcasm from comments above about malnutrition and foreign accents. We lived in South Florida for 11 years, and I work in an engineering environment. I am quite comfortable around people with accents. I was just pointing out that some were so strong it made simple communications difficult. As for the 20 minute line, I felt sorry for the one sushi chef trying to serve a boat that hold 2000 passengers, when adding two more chefs would have made it more pleasant for everyone in line and him as well.

I know a cruise, as well as any vacation, is what you make of it. We had a great time. I just don't think that many of the aspects of our trip that were handled by Carnival on the Sensation were done very well.

I also admit that I have not been on this board long at all, an obvious newbie from the number of posts. I am getting an education for the next time we cruise, probably late next year after our trip to Aruba. I don't think it is right to take information from a source like this if you have information to share and you don't. I am doing that by providing a review of our experience on the Sensation. If this area is only for people to post good things about Carnival, then I understand and will not continue this post.

FN

I felt sorry for the one sushi chef trying to serve a boat that hold 2000 passengers, when adding two more chefs would have made it more pleasant for everyone in line and him as well.

about Carnival, then I understand and will not continue this post.

FN

That would be a perfect comment to put on the comment card, I'm sure that Carnival can accommodate an extra chef to help prepare Sushi.

You can write or call them tomorrow and let them know how you felt:

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, Fl. 33178-2428

305-599-2600

Fred

I will admit the last cruise I was on was for our honeymoon 14 years ago. And the one before that was two years previous. Both were on Premier (don't remember ship names). We took this cruise because our daughter is 13 and had never been on one before. We did not do a lot of research on ships and Port Canaveral was an obvious choice since we live 30 minutes away. That narrowed it down to Carnival, Disney and RCL. Disney was out, and when I read the Carnival crowd was usually a late night bunch, we were in.

I already detect sarcasm from comments above about malnutrition and foreign accents. We lived in South Florida for 11 years, and I work in an engineering environment. I am quite comfortable around people with accents. I was just pointing out that some were so strong it made simple communications difficult. As for the 20 minute line, I felt sorry for the one sushi chef trying to serve a boat that hold 2000 passengers, when adding two more chefs would have made it more pleasant for everyone in line and him as well.

I know a cruise, as well as any vacation, is what you make of it. We had a great time. I just don't think that many of the aspects of our trip that were handled by Carnival on the Sensation were done very well.

I also admit that I have not been on this board long at all, an obvious newbie from the number of posts. I am getting an education for the next time we cruise, probably late next year after our trip to Aruba. I don't think it is right to take information from a source like this if you have information to share and you don't. I am doing that by providing a review of our experience on the Sensation. If this area is only for people to post good things about Carnival, then I understand and will not continue this post.

FN

This is a cruise forum to share bad and good experience just like you have. I have never been on the Senasation so I can't comment on her.

But there are 2 Carnivals ships I will never sail again because of bad experiences. Thankfully they will be getting rid of one soon:D I know I certainly would not put up with the noice in the cabin. I would love to read your whole review:)

I can relate to the sushi comment.

On both the Fantasy and the Elation, if you weren't standing in line 10 minutes before the sushi bar opened, you ended up in line for 15-20 minutes just to get a sushi appetizer.

Considering that the sushi bar didn't open until 5, it didn't really give you time to have a sushi appetizer and drink prior to dinner. And no one wanted sushi after having a full dinner.

It's one of the reasons I'm going to request late dinner once we board. I've decided I'd rather have a nice plate of sushi at 6 to tide me over until late dinner.

It's a valid complaint, folks. The usual snide comments from the regulars really don't add anything to the thread, do they? But y'all just circle the wagons because someone dares to say something wasn't perfect on their Carnival Cruise.

:rolleyes:

Wow, both of the reviews I've written were posted within 48 hours:confused: Sorry you had a bad time on Sensation. I was recently on her sister, Fascination, and had a great trip:) Unique decor is a Carnival tradition, and once you get there it just kind of works, know what I mean?:o

I can relate to the sushi comment.

On both the Fantasy and the Elation, if you weren't standing in line 10 minutes before the sushi bar opened, you ended up in line for 15-20 minutes just to get a sushi appetizer.

Considering that the sushi bar didn't open until 5, it didn't really give you time to have a sushi appetizer and drink prior to dinner. And no one wanted sushi after having a full dinner.

It's one of the reasons I'm going to request late dinner once we board. I've decided I'd rather have a nice plate of sushi at 6 to tide me over until late dinner.

It's a valid complaint, folks. The usual snide comments from the regulars really don't add anything to the thread, do they? But y'all just circle the wagons because someone dares to say something wasn't perfect on their Carnival Cruise.

:rolleyes:

That is not how I feel. I just think that to complain about a small wait to get food is not something to complain about. There is so much food all over the ship, the OP could have gone and gotten something else and then gone back for what she wanted. To say anything about the crew and not understanding them because of their accent, seems so petty. The crew on a ship where 99% of them are from a foreign country, are going to have an accent. The pax just needs to listen to what they are saying, and they can be understood. I wonder how many pax speaks more than one language? I wish I did, I am always amazed by those that do. We are all waited on hand and foot when we are on a cruise. Unless something really horrible happens then why complain about the little things? When you concentrate on the small things that have gone wrong, you are missing all the big ones that did not.

You should post it here as well, would love to read why it was not a very flattering review. I also would like to know what other cruiseilnes you have sailed on prior to this cruise. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Fred

what does it matter what cruises he was previously on? His issues are with this cruise.......and YES having to wait in line for anything other than embark and debark for 20 minutes isn't cool! And if I want sushi it shouldnt take 20 min and just because there is "other" food around doesn't excuse it....thats like saying the dining room ran out of lobster but thats ok....why don't you just grab a hotdog out by the pool instead! :rolleyes:

what does it matter what cruises he was previously on? His issues are with this cruise.......and YES having to wait in line for anything other than embark and debark for 20 minutes isn't cool! And if I want sushi it shouldnt take 20 min and just because there is "other" food around doesn't excuse it....thats like saying the dining room ran out of lobster but thats ok....why don't you just grab a hotdog out by the pool instead! :rolleyes:

I certainly can understand the frustration level. I stood in line for twenty minutes at Sur Mer to order my food and another ten or twelve for it to get built. So? I was one of 3100 people on board that ship and I think that twenty minutes is pretty good for the type of food I was served. Standing in line was my choice.

This is so remeniscient of the woman who was outraged that it took seven minutes for her to get a whole pizza! C'mon kids, the folks on board the ship are only human. The laws of physics don't change because you want pizza or sushi RIGHT NOW.

It's not only your cruise, it's also 3099 other peoples cruise.

Man, this is pretty typical actually. I would say cruise critic boards generally allows you 2 - 3 complaints on a review, before they label you a complainer. Then you get flamed. I think you are intitled to voice your feelings. Don't let them bully you. But as for the gospel singers personally, I think that sounds great. :)

Geez did anyone even read what the op said or did you just focus in on the 20 min. wait for sushi:rolleyes: Although I probably would have been a little peeved it took that long it would not ruin my cruise. But the clanking noise in his cabin:confused: I would have a big problem with.

Did you happen to read the good things he said. The great service, the piano bar, the band in Michelangelo's etc.....

So what he mentioned the staff was hard to understand. It's the truth.

As for the decor, some people can't stand some of it. Everyone's taste is different.

I could see if he just came on here and complained about everything...but he didn't.

Op I will be looking for your review:) And maybe you can post the cabin number you had to give others a heads up.

Archived