Flu in Austrailia

rv gypsy

When I got my flu vaccine today was told by pharmacist that a bad strain of flu has already hit Austrailia and that there have been at least 2 fatalities. I thought everyone who is headed that way on a cruise would want a heads up.

Not quite sure where they got their information from, but there is no nasty flu here. There was some who were having difficulities with flu during winter but all is fine and completely safe to travel to Aus.

Bigger heads up would be to watch out for the drop bears lol

Caz

When I got my flu vaccine today was told by pharmacist that a bad strain of flu has already hit Austrailia and that there have been at least 2 fatalities. I thought everyone who is headed that way on a cruise would want a heads up.

I was there for 12 days (Sept 26th to October 8th) - heard nothing about any flu epidemic.

On average, about 36,000 people die from the flu every year in the U.S. alone. And over 200,000 are hospitalized. So telling us that 2 people died in Australia is not really anything to be scared of. But thanks.

As an Australian, Yes we did have a few fatalities this flu season, the flu season is now over and the last death was about 2 months ago.. infact i havent heard any reports about anyone being hospitalised now.. but that being said, a flu shot cant hurt.

More like a media overkill here.:rolleyes: The flu season is virtually over here. It is also coming to the end of the Bogong season. Though there was quite a few still hanging around when I saw the Rhapsody off last night.

We're warming up here now. It was up around 92 the last two days.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and stay in Australia.:D

I'm glad you're able to make it to this part of the world.:)

Archived