Age Requirement to cruise?

Howdy,

I was wondering if anyone knew how old you have to be to go on a cruise by yourself. I was wondering if the Atlantis cruises would take me at 19 and if you have been what is the atmospher is like. I'd really like to have some fun, but I'm sort of new and don't want to be to totally overwhelmed. I went on a cruise last year with my sister and her husband, figuring that I'd meet some gay people, but I didn't meet anyone! I have two weeks of vacation and I'm in the mood for some fun........ something I don't get around here! Any suggestions would be great.

Jerod

Last years Atlantis Europe cruise had 3 17 year olds that I knew about. They were traveling with a guy who was at least 60. So, now you just need an older friend to book with!

I don't really know anyone old enough with the inclination to go on an gay cruise with me.....I guess I could ask my sister and her husband, boy the fireworks would really start!:eek: I really liked the cruise I went on, but I guess it isn't ment to be. I'm thinking maybe Miami beach or maybe Fort Lauerdale. I've heard that both are great spots.:D

Jerod

I agree that if you really want to go on an all-gay cruise you might try the roommate idea. You'll have to decide in what manner you wish to advertise and how to make it clear as to what you are looking for: roommate only, possibility of romance, torrid love affair....etc., etc.

My partner and I resisted the "all-gay" cruise idea for years until we went ON ONE...now we've done two and will do two more within the next 12 months.

Something for everybody, wide age range, and no more of this absurd "Friends of Dorothy" hassle, not being able to dance together, and pretending for the "familiy values" crowd..including the GAY ones who vote a certain way.

GO FOR IT!

Bootman4u, my partner and I have been on plenty of cruises, none of them gay and have never felt the need to hide our sexuality or stop ourselves getting up on the dance floor with the rest of them. Can't recall ever coming across any overt homophobia though of course there will always those that maybe homophobic but would not dare voice their opinion. We have made some great friends both hetero and homo and to some extent I think having gay couples on "regular" cruises just serves to demonstrate that we are just like everybody else and not a sector of the community to be feared.

Nothing against gay cruises here but feel its a shame if gays shy away from regular cruises simply because they fear how other people may perceive them. Most people really don't give a damn and neither should we. Where people do have a problem then its their problem and no need for us to be held hostage by their bigotry, same goes for life in the wider community not just on cruise ships.

OK, I'm off my soapbox now ...... interesting nick btw bootman ;-)

Archived