Pre cruise Bora Bora, Moorea, or Papeete??

gangof 5

Nevian, noticed in another post that you stayed in PG 716. That is the cabin we are booked in. Did you enjoy the location and view from that cabin. Also we are thinking of going to Moorea for precruise. Was it an easy time getting there on the ferry?

Thanks so much

Hi Gang of 5,

Yes we enjoyed 716 very much. Only first time on PG though, so no grounds for comparison. It seemed to be a very good location to us and provided a good vantage point.

Unfortunately, we had to fly into Moorea as our PPT flight arrived about 9.00pm from memory. That was not a great experience and we were not surprised to hear of the Air Moorea crash and loss of lives a scant few months later!

Leaving Moorea to return to PPT and board PG was simple. We were at Pearl resort and simply hired a car, which we dropped off at the ferry. there was a bus I believe but my husband is not one to catch buses, when he can hire a car! The ferry was efficient and comfortable and docked a short distance from where PG was docked. We just wheeled our cases a comfortable distance along the pier. The good thing about Tahiti was the relatively light luggage we were toting, all summer and beach wear etc etc. In summary, it was a smooth transfer.

If arriving in Moorea via ferry, there is a car hire facility at the dock if you require ( Avis I am pretty sure).

Nevian

Archived