Shuttling between MIA, Westin, and port

zaxmomm

We are flying into the MIA a day before our cruise. We booked the Westin Coral Gables through RCI, which includes the transfer from the Westin to the ship. However, we're on our own getting from the airport to the Westin and also from the ship (FOS) to MIA when we return on 11/25.

Any suggestions on who to use? Is a cab the best way or a shuttle? There are 3 of us in our party.

Your shuttle charges will be per person

the Taxi charge will be per vehicle

taxi will be cheaper and as Miami is a decent sized city, fairly easy to come by. Certainly so at the airport/port and from the hotel just call the desk and by the time you get there ....

if you were a party of one, there can be savings in a shuttle if you can stand the additional waits....I paid a lot of shuttles in Miami b4 I learned the booboo I was making.....

We are booked at the Westin Colonnade pre-cruise also (hotwire -- great deal). We have a party of 8 and so I have booked a shuttle service (not more expensive than taxis for this many and we can all stay together).

But I did find info on a Coral Gables website that said a taxi was approximately $20-$25 from MIA to Coral Gables. I called the hotel to inquire and was told that it was approximately $16. I would count on the higher amount.

I believe from the port to MIA is $24.

I'm really looking forward to Coral Gables! It looks like a great place to spend the pre-cruise night!

Happy Cruising!

Archived