Roatan Fishing ?

WINDOW1

I am trying to find any info on fishing charter in Roatan. Going there on the Glory in November and have planned on going fishing with a group of 6. Has anyone else done this? I have searched ports of call boards with no luck.

I have a class mate that live mostly in Roatan..is there now..thru winter...He is a Gringo, Mr. John"..as he is called..surname is Snook..Florida American..known him since kindergarten. We just had our 45th class reunion. He will be happy to answer your q's..you can email him at (i will spell it out to avoid addy nappers....codybodie at tampa bay dot RR dot com(no spaces of course)..or boasbelly at tampa bay dot RR dot com..tell him Judi passed on the info..I will see him in Dec..lucky

The info below is a post from another thread and it also appears on Victor's website. I booked this trip before they ever advertised fishing, maybe I started something ! Rick

ps-e-mail me if you'd like more details

I was on Roatan Nov 1, 2006. I had contacted Victor for a custom trip as I wanted to do some fishing as well as get my catch cooked up for me before heading back to the cruise ship.

Our driver was Henry, a very nice and considerate fellow as well as our boat captain for our 3 hour fishing trip. He had gone out fishing before our arrival to check on the fishing and to catch some fresh bait for trolling.

The weather was a bit rainy that day, but we were comfortable and caught Dorado (dolphin, the mahi-mahi kind, not Flipper) barracuda and tuna. We trolled between Coxen Hole, around the west end, to Sandy Bay, so we got a nice view of the island.The dolphin was our best catch, so we went ashore and Henry got some locals to cook it up for us reasonably. We drank Salva Vida, the national beer of Honduras, while we listened to music in the little thatch roof bar/cafe and waited for Junior to do the cooking. Junior's recommendation to steam the dolphin in butter,lemon,and garlic was excellent.

This was a reasonably priced excursion that I would recommend highly...we enjoyed it thoroughly. If you read this, Victor and Henry....thanks again!

Now that's what I'm talking about.....AWESOME!

The info below is a post from another thread and it also appears on Victor's website. I booked this trip before they ever advertised fishing, maybe I started something ! Rick

ps-e-mail me if you'd like more details

I was on Roatan Nov 1, 2006. I had contacted Victor for a custom trip as I wanted to do some fishing as well as get my catch cooked up for me before heading back to the cruise ship.

Our driver was Henry, a very nice and considerate fellow as well as our boat captain for our 3 hour fishing trip. He had gone out fishing before our arrival to check on the fishing and to catch some fresh bait for trolling.

The weather was a bit rainy that day, but we were comfortable and caught Dorado (dolphin, the mahi-mahi kind, not Flipper) barracuda and tuna. We trolled between Coxen Hole, around the west end, to Sandy Bay, so we got a nice view of the island.The dolphin was our best catch, so we went ashore and Henry got some locals to cook it up for us reasonably. We drank Salva Vida, the national beer of Honduras, while we listened to music in the little thatch roof bar/cafe and waited for Junior to do the cooking. Junior's recommendation to steam the dolphin in butter,lemon,and garlic was excellent.

This was a reasonably priced excursion that I would recommend highly...we enjoyed it thoroughly. If you read this, Victor and Henry....thanks again!

• 1 year later...
I am trying to find any info on fishing charter in Roatan. Going there on the Glory in November and have planned on going fishing with a group of 6. Has anyone else done this? I have searched ports of call boards with no luck.

Hi how are u? I was in roatan a month ago with my husband, we went fishing wit xtreme charters , we had a great time ,caught a 40 pound wahoo some tunas and a baracuda ,they cleaned it and even cooked it 4 us at their restaurant, we booked online with them , theyre really great guys, xtremechartersroatan.com

Archived