Bird flew into my Cabin!

Haven't seen a bird on our ship but this did remind me of the hundreds of flying rats (seagulls) in Cococay. They were bold.....swooping down taking food off peoples plates. And the mess they left on the chairs! Be careful where you sit! :eek:

I had a bird fly into my house once - right through the front door. What was really irritating though was we had two cats. I was trying to shoo the bird back out, stumbling over two cats who were trying to catch the bird for other reasons. Fortunately I was home alone -- because I'm sure the whole scene was hilarious.

My second story -- We were staying in a condo in Port Aransas (Texas coast) this past summer. My sister and I were sitting out on the balcony drinking our wine and watching the silly tourists on the beach feeding the seagulls. My sister had just set her glass down on the concrete, when one of those crazy seagulls swooped down and into our patio area. It slammed into the glass on the ground, shattering it into a 100 pieces and scaring the life out of the both of us!

I would probably freak if a bird flew into my cabin!

design diva,

you gave yourself away as to where you live just by using the word wicked.

let's go sox!

as to your question, no we have never experiened a bird fly into our stateroom as we keep the door shut (AC)

although i do so love the would of the ocean especially at night.

priceless!

go pats too!

Never had one fly into the cabin, but have seen plenty perched on the balcony railing or other parts of the ship. On my last cruise a couple of weeks ago we had a stowaway on the outside deck by the Windjammer :)

What a great picture! My kids would have enjoyed seeing that on a cruise ship.

It's funny that this thread should be on here tonight. I was in Walmart after work today grabbing a few groceries. I was pushing my cart down an aisle when a bird flew over my headed and landed on the floor right in front of me!

We were arriving on the Enchantment Cozumel last Wednesday and since it was raining were were looking out an open window pool deck when a little bird flew in. Obviously it was very easy for the bird to escape but

I started wondering what would happen to a bird if it became trapped on the ship when we sailed away. I wondered if it would stay on the ship if we were far from shore even if it could leave?

Okay I was on vacation so it was okay to let my mind drift, LOL!

99Florida, I must live in a Massachusetts bubble or am I missing something (thats a distinct possibility!) don't other people say wicked :o ?? I guess I need to cruise even more to expose myself to more people!! Whoo, hoo, I just found another excuse to cruise!

On our recent Rhapsody of the Seas through the Panama Canal We had a lot of migrating birds hitch a ride for a day/night. They seemed exhausted and huddled up together to sleep. It was so cute We had an aft balcony and they were all on the spans above us and below the Spa. Sorry to say some of them died during the night,

probably from exhaustion and the rest were gone as we got closer to Cartagena and land.....

Made me really think how we take all of this nature for granted when these birds migrate every year and have an obvious struggle to survive. I was happy to share our ride with them for a few hours, and see them take a rest.................after all that was what we were all doing.....:)

Okay, so the reason I wanted to know is... my Dad passed away 2 weeks before I went on my cruise. He was a passionate flyer (airplanes)...get where I'm going with this? Was the bird really my Dad? Then one poster says it's a sign of "death" (oh my god! :eek: ) I guess I see it as a sign but not everyone would be open to the idea.

Anyway, the ship was the Enchantment, the bird was "brown" - don't know bird types, and I didn't leave the door open - I just opened it for a minute.

As for the "wicked", don't ASSume anything...I'm from Chicago baby, GO BEARS!!!!!!!! ;)

On my first cruise on the Enchantment back in April of 2004, a bird flew into the elevator just as the doors were shutting. Thank god I was the only one in there! We were in one of the glass centrum elevators; it was quite funny. The bird freaked out and flew around out of control!!!!

We didn't have a bird fly into our cabin, but when we were on the Sun Princess in 2001, we had a bat fly into our cabin. We were just leaving Cartagena, Columbia when we noticed something on our curtain by the sliding door. We got closer & saw the bat. We were shocked. We didn't know what to do. We got our Room Steward, & she came in. She was scared to death. My husband finally grabbed a paper or magazine & got it out.

We have seen birds inside the Detroit Metro airport before. I've also seen a bird inside our grocery store before.

Gail

Archived