Emerald deck on the Golden E106

Mathteach

Just got our cabin assignment we are in E106 on the Golden. From the deck plan it looks like you can walk outside past our cabin window. Has anyone had this cabin or one near this cabin? Can you walk past the window outside? Do you hear people jogging in early in the morning or late at night? What about privacy? Can people outside see in if the curtains are open?

Thanks for any info you can give me on this cabin.

We are just off of the Golden and yes you can see into the rooms when you are walking by. The balconies rooms as well. When you are walking on the Promenade deck you have to go up a few stairs to the Emerald deck and back down again to the Promenade to walk around the entire ship. We were in E424 an obstructed view and were above the tenders so had a great view and it's midship as well. I really liked the room.

We were in E110 this summer on the Golden. Yes, people can look into the room, but it was not a big deal.

The deck outside the window is the open/covered part running along the bow of the ship. It is not particularly easy to get to and we never had any joggers or a lot of walkers going past the room. We were in Alaska, so there was a lot of cruising but it was never an issue.

We typically stay in either a suite or a mini suite, but this was a last minute cruise for us. Nice room and a very quiet part of the ship.

Have a great cruise.

During the day it is very hard to see inside as the windows have a mirrored tint. At night of course if you have a light on inside the cabin it is very easy to see inside as the deck area is pitch black.

We never had problems with noise from the deck area. :)

Thanks for the info. I feel better now. This was a last minute cruise for us as well. We had a guarantee DD and the agent said they were not showing any rooms available so we were hoping for a up grade and were surprised when we got our cabin number on the Princess web site the day after we booked. The agent said it could take a week to 10 days before it showed up!

I am still a little bit worried about getting sea sick. When we went to Alaska we had a balcony and were on deck 12 and I was fine. But many years before that we went on a cruise to to the Caribbean and were low (ocean view) with a cruise line that is no longer in business and I did not do so well when the ship hit rough water. It took a lot for my DH to talk me into going on the Alaska cruise.

Hopefully we will have smooth sailing and we do not plan on spending a lot of time in the cabin.:)

Archived