Diving Excursion

photog4fun

Has anyone done the ship sponsored dive excursions in Cozumel & Grand Cayman that Celebrity's Century ship uses? The prices are similar to private companies, in fact cheaper with gear provided on Grand Cayman. Since we'll be in port from 10-7 in GC, the private operator times are in the afternoon and cutting it close to ship departure time. Will I be disappointed if I just use the ship's trip?

If you're going to cut it close, you're much better off booking the ship's excursion, especially in GC where you have to tender back and forth. I haven't done a ship's dive in GC so I can't comment on the quality. If it were me, I'd book the dive with the ship for the safety factor and go and have a great time. Getting wet is better than staying dry any day of the week, especially in GC and Cozumel!!

Hello, When In Cozumel I always always try to use Aldora Divers. Check out aldora.com They are making all kinds of consessions for divers. With a deposit they will hold a boat for you and set up others if need be. The Main reason we use Aldora is that they use 120cm Tanks. Yuppers big freaking steel tanks.

My last dive with them my bottom time was 70 minutes. Yuppers, one tank of air and you get over an hour out of the boat! Two dives a day and boat are usuall around 85 dollars per diver. Equipment is in really good shape and inexpensive to rent. Last year I dove with a Carnival excursion and it kinda sucked....alot of people and a really small pony tank. We got about 10 minutes of time for a shore walk in. It was fun to be underwater but 10 minutes for like $65.00 is way too much.

Book aldora and you will never regret it. I have over 100 logged dives in Cozumel and 80 or so are with Aldora and I cannot say enough about them. Memo is a great dive master! Any questions e-mail me.

Archived