Snorkeling@Ambergris Caye, Belize

southwardbound

Can't help for Ambergris - but I can for Caye Caulker. I went with Tsunami Adventures on a private tour last year with Rene'. I can't even begin to tell you what an amazing time we had. It POURED all day, but they came through like you wouldn't believe with a snorkel trip, and food that will never be forgotten!

http://www.tsunamiadventures.com/

We flew from the Belize City airport to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. I went diving while my wife and two friends went snorkeling at the Ho Chan Marine Reserve, and Shark Ray Alley. They had a blast. The guide went down brought sharks and rays up for them to pet. They saw so much they still rave about it.

The op was Aqua Dive. The snorkeling trip was excellent. The dive trip itself was pretty good, but I had issues with their rental gears. After that I heard someone else had issues. So if for snorkeling they are good. For diving, find a different op.

I'm sure you already know that the tender is a long one in Belize and the ride to Ambergris Caye is over an hour by boat. This could be hard to schedule and have enough time to get back to the ship. We looked into water taxis which you can get in town to there for I think $25 one way per person (could easily be wrong) and the timing was tight. We took the tour from the ship for the price difference wasn't much after the taxi and then the tour price once you get there... Debbie

IN JANUARY THIS YEAR WE USED Coral Breezes snorkeling tour . THEY PICKED US UP AT THE DOCK IN BELIZE CITY, TOOK ABOUT 30 BOAT RIDE TO REEF WHERE THE SHARKS AND RAYS WERE. THEN ABOUT A 5 MINUTE BOAT RIDE OVER TO AMBERIGS CAYE TO EAT LUCH, THEN BACK TO BELIZE CITY FOR SOME SHOPPING BEFORE GETTING ON OUR TENDER BACK TO THE CRUISE SHIP.

WE BOOKED THIS BEFORE OUR CRUISE , ONLINE. WE GOT 8 PEOPLE FROM OUR ROLL CALL BOARD TO GO ON THE THE EXCURSION TOGETHER AND THEY GAVE A US A 10 % DISCOUNT.

KEITH

Archived