RCCL Stock Question for UK resident

Can anyone help? UK resident wants to buy shares in RCCL to qualify for onboard credit. When we spoke to our bank/broker they said that as the shares were on US market they could only hold them electronically by our broker and would not be in our name. Anyone have any advice or been successful with this from the UK? Please don’t get too technical as we don’t have much experience with buying shares but have been left a little inheritance and thought this was as good a way as any to save it as we do like to cruise.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help

Ali

Can anyone help? UK resident wants to buy shares in RCCL to qualify for onboard credit. When we spoke to our bank/broker they said that as the shares were on US market they could only hold them electronically by our broker and would not be in our name. Anyone have any advice or been successful with this from the UK? Please don’t get too technical as we don’t have much experience with buying shares but have been left a little inheritance and thought this was as good a way as any to save it as we do like to cruise.

Ali

I´m not sure if I get your question the correct way, however I´ll try to answer the way I understand it. I own those stock through an online broker. They are in my borkerage account, but not registered under my name. So while I own them RCCL does not know that I own them. If that´s your question it´s not a problem regarding the stockholder benefit.

All you have to do to get the OBC is sending them your brokerage statement showing the ownership of the 100 shares in your account.

Ali

As madforcrusing said, there is no problem with stocks being registered in your broker's master account, and not directly in your name, as long as you get confirmations and/or statements from your broker. The website for RCCL Shareholder benefits is:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

They will accept via e-mail a scan of a purchase slip or a Brokers Statement along with a request for Shareholder OBC giving your Ship, date and Reservation number [you can also do everything by snail mail, but email is much faster]. They have always been very quick in responding to me. You can use the Shareholder OBC as often as you wish, so the more you sail with RCI/ X the more sense it makes.

Archived