Dolphin Swim

puggal

I had this posted in the Ports thread but got no answer so I thought maybe someone here might be able to respond.

I saw on the excursions offered on the Mariner a Dolphin Swim in Cozumel. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Dolphin Swim offered by RCI and the Royal Dolphin Swim booked thru cozumel inside. (I think thats the name)

Both occur at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. I'm interested in what you get to do that makes them different and not really the $$.

Check out http://www.dolphindiscovery.com this is the facility in Cozumel at Chankanaab Park that the Dolphin swims take place at. The only difference I know of is price- if you book independently you just have to get a taxi $10 from the pier, and pay entrance to the park $16 to get to the Dolphin Enclosure.

The Royal Swim with dolphins includes a foot push and a pectoral fin pull.

You get to interact, play,cuddle with and have photos taken kissing the animals, then swim out into the lagoon and each person then gets chance to be lifted up out of the water by the dolphins,they propel you along until you fall back into the water. Each one does this in turn (they only allow 8-10 people in the Royal Swim) then you go back out for the pectoral fin pull.

There are numerous other encounter programs, just check whether the foot push and pull are included in them. You can email dolphindiscovery too if you have questions. If bad weather prevents you from going to Cozumel they will refund your money.

We did the dolphin swim in cozumel on our August cruise. We had booked one with dophin discovery.com in the past and had talked to friends so we knew we wanted to do the Royal Swim. This is the best one.

Unfortunately the excursion info provided by RCI didn't provide sufficient info with which to make a comparison between their excursion and dolphin discovery. So we wound up booking with dolphin discovery online.

There Royal Swim was about $140pp. You take a 10-15 minute cab from the pier to the park and the dolphin swim takes about an hour. So you have plenty of time to snorkel or whatever at the park or to take a cab back into town. You're going to want to purchase the DVD which I believe was around $40.

Enjoy,

Jimmers:)

We went in June and you are better off purchasing the excursion through the discovery website. The cruiselines excursion doesn't offer the royal swim which is the best option in my opinion and the price are nearly the same. The DVD's are $50 but you can definitrly talk them down, and after you talk them down tell them you are paying cash and they will knock some more off the price. We truly enjoyed it

Archived