Have you stayed Seward Windsong Lodge/Suites or Holiday Inn Express?

acud

Need info on where to stay in Seward (2days, 1 nite) in july? Windsong has both rooms and suites, fairly new on Resurrection River. HI Express on bay.

If youve been, experience? Recommendation? thank you.

We stayed in Holiday Inn Express this past July and would recommend for the location and view from our balcony room. Ridiculously expensive for a HIE, but everything in Alaska is expensive. Basic hotel room, although ours was quite large, and clean. Right at the small boat harbor and walking distance to restaurants and tour boat offices. Front desk staff were pleasant. We didn't need to, as we had a car, but they offered to store our luggage until the room was ready, so if you have a morning tour, luggage would be no problem. It was fun to sit on the balcony and watch the fishing charters come in with their halibut and salmon catches in the afternoon. Others will probably comment on the Windsong. We haven't stayed there.

thx for info...HIE was our choice til we read about Windsong which is 10 mins outside 'downtown' on river - which could be nice, too. prices are a bit less @windsong....at least it seems that way. we will see when we book. thx again.

I would higly recommend staying at the WindSong lodge. It is going to be a little more pricey than the holiday inn but its very peaceful, across from beautiful mountains, and the river, and they have a wonderful restaurant next door. They are just minutes from Exit Glacier, offer a free shuttle to town and about a mile down the road from a place where you can go dog sledding for a very reasonable price. The holiday inn has an advantage being that it is 'in' town, but it doesnt begin to compare to the beauty of the lodge.

Hope all this helps!!

I would higly recommend staying at the WindSong lodge. It is going to be a little more pricey than the holiday inn but its very peaceful, across from beautiful mountains, and the river, and they have a wonderful restaurant next door. They are just minutes from Exit Glacier, offer a free shuttle to town and about a mile down the road from a place where you can go dog sledding for a very reasonable price. The holiday inn has an advantage being that it is 'in' town, but it doesnt begin to compare to the beauty of the lodge.

Hope all this helps!!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express usuing Priority Club points for 2 free nights. We had a balcony room facing the harbor - which was very nice. It was one of the nicer Holiday Inn Expresses I've stayed in, but I wouldn't pay the going rate for the room we had, which I think was $269/night.

We tayed at the Windsong in September for two nights. Was enjoyable. Clean big size rooms. Close to Exit Glacier. We had a car so we didn't use their shuttle service. But we saw their vans several places in Seward, dropping off and waiting. Buildings are rustic and apart from each other. Thought it was different, there were no ice machines. Instead each building had a freezer on the porch, stocked with ice in baggies.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express usuing Priority Club points for 2 free nights. We had a balcony room facing the harbor - which was very nice. It was one of the nicer Holiday Inn Expresses I've stayed in, but I wouldn't pay the going rate for the room we had, which I think was $269/night.

I totally agree - also stayed there last year using points (10K points/night at the time). Nice room with balcony and harborview including breakfast.

Next year I will be in Seward in early May and got a rate of about $90/night so booked it again. But I would not pay $250 or more/night for it. Sorry!

John

Archived