Pryate13 is underpaid! More Questions!!

capecodtoby

We all thank you for your helpful responses to all our questions. Now I have mine. Base on your info I have rented a vehicle from Hertz in Roadtown to take our 6 person "herd" to Long Bay fro the day. The simple question is how does it work when we get there. I know there is a resort there and I wonder how it will work for us. Can we use there beach or is there day charges. I tried emailing the resort, but receved no reply. I have become interested in the boat rental option as perhaps our backup plan if we can't confrim being able to go the the beach at Long Bay and maybe having chairs and food available.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Drive past the resort and at the far end of the road there are some spots where you can get away with parking. The beach itself is public, as are all BVI beaches, no fees. You won't find chairs there except at the resort. I don't know if they will rent you one. There is a restaurant along the beach front at the resort and I don't see why they wouldn't serve you... well, maybe if you try to pay in Rubles or something like that. :p If you are eating at the restaurant they may have some chairs that they will let you use.

There used to be a small eatery at the far end of the beach near where you can park but it was always hit or miss on whether it was open or not.

Thanks so much for the info. I had one more question about the beach there. I think it has great eye appeal and most pictures seem to show more waves than other island beaches, but have also heard that it is rocky. Are folks referring to rocks off shore where you would be swimming or along the beach? I don't see rocks on the beach in pictures.:confused: :confused:

Archived