Hairdryers on Century--a dumb question!

CathyCruises

Okay, deep in the midst of packing, and I am wondering how the hair dryers work on Century. Normally in hotel rooms, they are so feeble that I always have to bring my own to dry my hair in some amount of reasonable time--but I would love to be able to leave it behind if someone can assure me that the ones on Century work half-way decently. Any thoughts?

Thanks! Cathy

I didn't find the "feeble" one in the bathroom all that bad. But then I don't have the long luxurious locks that some of you gals (and hippies) do. The one genuine disadvantage to them though is that you have to keep your finger on the power switch to keep it going.

Thanks--I am in a sky suite--think I'd get the better one? I'd sure love not to to have to haul mine espcially since the bags are getting VERY tight at this point!

Cathy, I had the sky suite in April and it was great. You should have a regular hair dryer, just check the vanity in the room. If it's not there, just ask the room attendant or butler. Mine was missing and he delivered that day.

You're not at all assured of a hand held hairdryer in the sky suite. We've had problems with not having one even in the Royal Suite. When we were in RS 6140 we couldn't find the dryer, and asked the butler. He said people take them home or they break and there weren't any replacements to be found. This has happened to us in CS and SS cabins also. So, you really cannot rely on their being a hand held dryer in your cabin.

I would have to agree that you cannot count on those hairdryers being in a cabin. We didn't even have one in the PH on our last cruise. I didn't have one in two SS I was in, and there was none in two of the RS I was in. I asked both the butler and room steward and they tried for three days to find one, but none was available. Better to buy a small travel dryer. I found a great 1600 watt folding dryer at Target. It now stays in my suitcase full time for whenever I travel.

Archived