Wine In Vancouver?????

That great hotel is right downtown and there are several options. BC Govt Liquor stores carry a fairly good selection of Wine. Only a few are open on Sundays through. Private stores carry a varied selection, several are higher end. Try this website for a lot of links including Govt stores.

http://www.bcpassport.com/vancouver-vital-information/alcohol-in-vancouver.aspx

I actually just drove past the Sutton last week and they're in the process of building a wine shop in the building. I didn't notice an opening date but it looked pretty far along.

I know that beer is sold in 'The Beer Store' in Canada. Is wine restricted to such places as well or can wine be sold in grocery stores, etc?

You won't find wine in grocery stores here...sorry..lol. We have 'cold beer and wine stores' and specialty wine shops as well. I can't recall which it is that's opening in Sutton Place, but given the area and the clientelle of the hotel, I'm leaning more towards it being a wine shop.

We are staying at the Sutton Place and wondering if there was a place close by to purchase wine before we get on our ship???

Thanks

There is one BC Govt Liquor stores near Sutton Place Hotel. It is located on ALberni Street near Thurlow Street; about 5 minutes walk from your hotel. I believe it opens on Sunday until 5pm or ?? but not Statutory Holidays.

I know that beer is sold in 'The Beer Store' in Canada. Is wine restricted to such places as well or can wine be sold in grocery stores, etc?

Not in BC...those are in Ontario. Only legally allowed to be sold in Cold Beer & Wine stores or liquor stores (both provincial and private now). No grocery stores etc. And you don't want to buy wine in a "Cold Beer & Wine" store...their prices are inflated. Cheapest would be to find a BC Liquour Store.

Archived