OV or Balcony

hazeleyez3

We are looking at the 8-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Star, and are trying to figure out which cabin we should choose. DH has been on 4 cruises, 3 were balconies. I have been in numerous ov cabins, but haven't been back to one after I tried a balcony. DH will go out there many times for pictures, or for relaxation (and I sometimes join him).

It looks like the balconies are approx 40 sq ft larger... are the ov rather small and cramped for two people?

For those who have been on her, or have taken that itinerary...are the sights so great that we will kick ourselves for not getting a balcony?

Our last cruise was an 8 day Mexican Riviera cruise. We did not have a balcony, but there were times that would have been nice. Sailing into Cabo is a prime example.

You are at sea a full day on the front and tail end of the cruise, and a balcony is less useful those days.

I think if you are set between an OV and a balcony, the latter wins. If you don't really think it is worth the cost, go with an inside cabin. The OV is the same thing but with a window. I don't think that window is very useful, and not worth the extra $$.

I agree. Inside or balcony for us. no ohter choices there for us. Last cruise balcony and this one inside. All depends on the funds. I absolutely love sitting on the balcony when everyone is sleeping and just relaxing. This will be my first cruise and not having a balcony in a while so it will be an adjustment for us. We will survive as we are still on vacation on a ship. LOL

Archived