Rock wall Majesty of Seas

stanze5

Hello All, we are taking our 12 year old on a cruise with us in January aboard RC Majesty of the Seas. Can anyone tell me if there is a charge for the rock wall? Also, I have read different reports on whether there is a cinema on board now or not? One last question :) does anyone have experience travelling in Jan. with kids? We are hoping there will be other kids her age aboard.

There's no charge for the rock wall, but you do need to have socks; they provide shoes, helmet and harness. I'm actually glad you asked this because I just may have forgotton to pack socks for my kids. I can't answer your other questions.

I've cruised every January for the past 10 years, on RCCI as well as other lines, and I can tell you that it's not much of a family cruise time. We've found that it's the month when the retirees cruise due to the fact that it's just after Christmas vacation and not many families choose that time for cruising. Will there be kids? Yes, but not nearly the amount if you cruise another time. We've generally found less than 25 school age kids on our January cruises.

your kid will love the rock wall, as for a cinema no not on that class, if memory serves me the vision class is the smallest with a cinema/conference room. It has been our experience that on RCCL children are on every cruise. On some less kid friendly lines there may be no children at all. Keep in mind that most cruise co. dictate pricing based on the school calender. Prices rise when kids are not in school, thats a fact. Therefore, many families that love to cruise do so at those times when 9 month calenders are in session. However, like us, more and more school districts are going to a twelve month calender. As a result kids are always present of traditional family friendly cruises. The only exception I have noticed on RCCL or Carn. are the 3 or 4 day ( Booze cruises) to mexico. Not kid appropriate.

Archived