Mazatlan: Stone Island or Downtown?

gojanie

So, I think when I was in Mazatlan last, we went downtown to where Joe's Oyster shack, Shrimp Factory and some other restaurants and bars are, there were beaches and we hung out, bar hopped etc.... Fun day, but might like to try something different.

Read of Stone Island, which seems close to dock and seems to have restaurants, beaches and same but different atmosphere.

Should we try stone island this time? We'll have teen age kids with us this round, so they'll be looking for something to do as well. Water toys, or horse riding or something

Any suggestions?

On our first trip to Mazatlan we did the city tour. It felt hurried to us. From then on we have gone to Stone Island and ridden with Randi's Happy Horses. It is a step back in time - relaxed and laid back. My kids and grandkids loved the ride on the beach and the food at Victor's is awesome - just steps from the waters edge. We love it there.

Archived