military rate question

bubbles1209

I confess, I'm having a "blonde moment" (I pay good money for my blonde so when I do have a moment it's ok :p ) so I need you guys to help me out because for the life of me I can't remember what I have read on how this works. We've never booked military friends & family before. When booking military rate, and I'll do easy numbers to keep it simple. Say the cabin you book sells for $829 pp. Say the military rate gets you $300 off which would make it $529.00. My question is, is that $529 per person? Meaning that each person in the cabin gets the military rate? Ok, let's complicate it a little further. Friends & family comes open. So now you have the first cabin booked at military rate, and the other 2 cabins booked for the military rate. Does it person in the other 2 cabins get the military rate under friends & family? I guess in a nutshell I'm trying to ask is does the military rate go per person? Thanks in advance, and I hope you guys understand the question:o

Yes, as previously stated. The friends and family rate for additional cabins might be slightly higher, but not a lot. Also, don't get upset to see a similar rate or a slightly higher rate with OBC for non military at a later date, if the ship is not filling up. Just go with the flow abd realize they gave you first choice.

Al

I confess, I'm having a "blonde moment" (I pay good money for my blonde so when I do have a moment it's ok :p ) so I need you guys to help me out because for the life of me I can't remember what I have read on how this works. We've never booked military friends & family before. When booking military rate, and I'll do easy numbers to keep it simple. Say the cabin you book sells for $829 pp. Say the military rate gets you $300 off which would make it $529.00. My question is, is that $529 per person? Meaning that each person in the cabin gets the military rate? Ok, let's complicate it a little further. Friends & family comes open. So now you have the first cabin booked at military rate, and the other 2 cabins booked for the military rate. Does it person in the other 2 cabins get the military rate under friends & family? I guess in a nutshell I'm trying to ask is does the military rate go per person? Thanks in advance, and I hope you guys understand the question:o

We went on a cruise with my cousin and her husband a couple of years ago and we could not get them the military rate. They told us only the military person and their dependents could get that rate. Maybe they changed?

Military rate is good only for the cabin the military member is assigned. Check Past guest, or senior discounts. You can split a couple and assign them to different rooms to get the best rate and then when you get on the ship sleep where you want. Carnival give military rate for vets who have DD214.

Leedm

We went on a cruise with my cousin and her husband a couple of years ago and we could not get them the military rate. They told us only the military person and their dependents could get that rate. Maybe they changed?

Normally that is true however about once a year they run a "friends and family" special where you can book more than one cabin at the military rate. Look for other message strings that are currently active about this.

We used the Friends and Family sale to get 3 cabins on the Triumph last month. I am the only vet among those 3 and we all got the military rate. I think I reserved the cruise in April or May,07, so be on the lookout for this promotion in the spring........

We used the Friends and Family sale to get 3 cabins on the Triumph last month. I am the only vet among those 3 and we all got the military rate. I think I reserved the cruise in April or May,07, so be on the lookout for this promotion in the spring........

I have a cabin booked for next years Glory (Mil rate)........... I called my Carnival guy (cvs) and first thing......he wished me a GREAT trip in 3 days. We then talked about the friend family rate and he said he would call me on the first to work on my other two cabins. The promo will be running for the month of November.

I'm thinking we'll probably see the "friends and family" deal for veteran's day (I think that's when they ran it again last year)....no guarantees though.

The only thing to be aware of is if you book your cabin at the military rate and friends book theirs for whatever rate......and then they come out with the F & F deal, you might end up paying more for your cabin to get them in under the military rate. For example, if an 8A balcony cabin is $629 when you initially book it and then goes up to $729 at the time the F & F deal comes along you'd end up paying the $729 in order to get the others booked under the F & F deal. It happened to us for the Sept cruise....we ended up paying $42 more per person for my husband. and myself but our friends saved about $200

Archived