Hot Breakfast in Room

sam1148

What are the options for a hot breakfast in the room.

I know room service only delivers cold items.

I know you can grab a buffet plate and take back to the room.

What breakfast items are only available from the dining room..not offered on the buffet?

But what about Eggs Benedict. Is that only available from the dining room at breakfast...could I ask for it to go to take back to DH in cabin? or would they look at me strange if just grabbed the plate and walked out. Or worse walk in with a empty tray from the buffet and load it up and walk out. :rolleyes:

Mornings: we're not social animals..but would like a hot breakfast.

Anyone ever get 'to go' from the dining room from breakfast?

do what you wish..take a way..from either buffet or DR..no one will look at you fooney..oe care. Eggs Benny only in DR, but they will cover it for the journey. Enjoy...lucky

Thanks, I've had some conflicting info on this regarding lunch dining room "to go" stuff. We hunker down in the cabin on sea days until afternoons.

Have you done this..got them to get a cover, provide a tray? Of course I'll just ask when I get there, no prob, but it's always nice to get personal feedback from CC members.

cruise HAL

hot breakfasts in the room

hot breakfasts and other items 24 hours a day in the room

when they arrive, they are HOT

Did that last time. Very good. This is my first Carnival cruise..we're going with a group. I did like the 'classic' style of HAL. Very relaxing. I hope Carnival isn't to Vegas like..but we're with a group..and we'll be on a cruise. So..all will be good. Heck, if worrying about this minor thing is a problem..it's the lest problem in the world for a vacation.

Usually, you have to be seated at a table, and the waiter brings you coffee, juice, and danish right away. Next they take your order, and shortly they bring out the main course.

I suppose you could order extra and ask them to leave it covered so you can take it back to the room. Seems like a lot of trouble to me, though.

Except for a few items, most of the hot breakfast is at the buffet and you won't have to wait for that. Also, eating in the cabin is usually not much fun, due to the tight quarters. There is no table to eat at.

On a couple of occasions, I grabbed a plate from the buffet, threw another plate on top to keep it warm, and brought it back with me to eat in the cabin. On sea days, it was really nice to sit on the balcony and enjoy breakfast. :)

What cold breakfast items are available that can be delivered to your cabin? Is a tip automatically added to your S&S account when you order room service or should you tip when delivered? Thanks.

Toledo -

I don't have the menu in front of me - but, here goes:

Juices

Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate/Milk

Cold Cereal (about 6 or 8 types)

Danish

Croissant

Bagel (toasted)

Smoked Salmon

English Muffin (toasted)

Toast (rye, white, whole wheat)

Toppings for bread (butter, jams/jellies/cream cheese)

Fruit (sliced varieties and whole (banana))

We are used to cruising where "full hot breakfast" is served to us; however, we had no problems at all adapting to the above for 8 days on the Miracle.

Im not 100% sure of this but from i gather you can also order lunch or dinner items for breakfast not sure if its sandwich type food or not but im sure there are several experts here that can help with that here. what your choices are.

Im not 100% sure of this but from i gather you can also order lunch or dinner items for breakfast not sure if its sandwich type food or not but im sure there are several experts here that can help with that here. what your choices are.

I've never tried ordering the sandwiches during breakfast hours (though, I have been known to order them rather late - or, should I state, rather *early* in the morning) ;)

The sandwiches all come on toasted breads and include items such as (again, just my failing memory here - someone posted a menu at some point):

Roast Beef & Brie

Turkey

Tuna on English Muffin

PB&J

Ham/Cheese

Portobello Mushroom on Foccacia

Salad

Ceasar Salad (w/ or w/o Chicken)

Crudites

Cookies

Brownies

Yogurt (THIS IS ON BREAKFAST LIST TOO - JUST REMEMBERED)

All served with Potato Chips or Potato Salad

Tried several items - all good and fresh.

On the Victory earlier this month, our special needs child had a couple of nights that he did not feel like eating in the formal dining room. (We think it was because we were on the 2nd floor near the railing...a first time for us and I don't think it set well with him.)

Anyway, on the nights that he stayed in the cabin, if they were having something he usually really liked, the wait staff brought it at the end of the meal (covered) for us to take to him. No problems. He loves their escargot. We brought that back to him one night.

So I would imagine they would do the same for breakfast and lunch.

What are the options for a hot breakfast in the room.

None, unless you go to the buffet and bring it back yourself....as you stated below.

I know room service only delivers cold items.

I know you can grab a buffet plate and take back to the room.

If you know these things, why not just abide by them?:D

What breakfast items are only available from the dining room..not offered on the buffet?

Eggs Benedict, for one, and several other items. The food is much fresher straight from the kitchen to the dining room - not sitting in warming pans at the buffet.

...could I ask for it to go to take back to DH in cabin? or would they look at me strange if just grabbed the plate and walked out. Or worse walk in with a empty tray from the buffet and load it up and walk out. :rolleyes:

'Grabbing' food from any venue would be gauche`, as well as taking a tray from the buffet into the dining room. If you go to the buffet for a tray, why not just fix a plate for your DH at the buffet when there? It's nice to go w/the flow.

Have a nice cruise.

Archived