Anyone stayed at Hollywood Beach Marriott?

Soxfancruiser

Hi all! We are staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott on Dec.15 before our cruise. Has anyone every stayed there? I was wondering if you could tell me if its far from the airport (its website says its only a $15 cab ride) and if there are any good restaurants around. Also, more importantly, how far is it from the pier? Thanks!:)

The OP stated he was staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott, just south of Port Everglades.

It's only 5.5 miles from Fort Lauderdale Airport to hte HB Marriott.

Map:

http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=FLL&daddr=2501+N+Ocean+Dr+Hollywood,+FL+33019&mra=pi&mrcr=0&sll=26.026925,-80.116119&sspn=0.007327,0.009978&ie=UTF8&z=14&om=1

I've had the pleasure of staying there a number of times. It's a lovely property directly on the ocean. A 2 1/2 mile long broadwalk runs by it, walking south on it will bring you to many shops and restaurants, walking north to the state park. Ninety percent of the rooms have an ocean view. Typical Marriott, nice bedding and linens. The bar and cafe are located outside where you can sit and see the cruiseships in the distance departing and returning from their journeys. You can hop out of the pool and walk 100 yards to the warm ocean.

//////////////////////

Ooops! My mistake....sorry but I did learn that there is another Marriott property close by in Hollywood that the Marriott search engine failed to list when I plugged in dates and it's less expensive then the two I mentioned above but still sounds nice.

Thanks!

Archived