rafting in Costa rica

tigertim

We have done river rafting on a shore excursion in Costa Rica. Although we enjoyed it immensely and took in some gorgeous jungle scenery, it was not what you would call "white water rafting" because it was appropriate for most passengers. I don't recall the name of the river but it was 1 1/2 hour drive each way which included lunch at an old plantation.

Suggest you check out which Class of rafting it falls under then you will know better how tame it is.

Costa Rica is supposed to be the white water capital of the world because it has all 5 classes and you can do it without a wetsuit year round. THere are a couple private ones that will do the rougher trips. But if you haven't done much rafting I wouldn't recommend doing them. I've done 3 of the cruise ships excursions and enjoyed them all. I find Costa Rica to be a beautiful country and I like the rides to get us to the rafts.

We did white water rafting with Danillo Hall. He was great. He met us at the dock and took us white water rafting and zip lining. It was the best independent excursion we have taken in 15 cruises. He is very knowledgeable and will make it a day to remmember. Give him a shout.

Danilo's email is adventure_caribbean@yahoo.com.

Archived