Who's been on the Legend recently?

MMW37

We are having relatives drop us off and pick us off. How early can they drop us off and what time should we tell them to pick us up? Also, I understand the circle in front of the Tampa pier is no longer open to traffic. Do we have to lug all our luggage? Where will they be able to pick us up?

Read in other posts about being under the Lido deck is not so good. Can anyone comment on that? Wondering whether some soats or locations on the boat are bettter than others. It would be terrible to have payed more for this cabin and it be noisy.

Read in other posts about being under the Lido deck is not so good. Can anyone comment on that? Wondering whether some soats or locations on the boat are bettter than others. It would be terrible to have payed more for this cabin and it be noisy.

We're going to be in 8169 on Nov 4th, so if you don't get an answer before we get back on the 11th, I'll try to remember to let ya know!:D I have to imagine that it is most noisy during the day. From previous cruises, the Lido becomes fairly quiet in the evenings, but have never been on a ship this size yet....:)

We arrived at the terminal at 10:15 a.m. They began letting people into the building a few minutes before 11:00 and on board at 11:30 a.m. The line to get in to the building was starting to get long about 12:30. Glad we got there early. FYI: you have to stand outside in the elements while waiting in line and there is not much cover.

You can be dropped off right across the street from the terminal. The circle is open only for busses, shuttles, etc. We had no trouble getting a porter to help us take our luggage across. The walk is only a few hundred yards to the entrance of the terminal.

I'm on the same cruise(Legend 11/4) and it's my first time. Any helpful suggestions or info would be appreciated :)

Oh very cool!!! I am sending you a link to our crazy thread for this cruise...come on in and meet some of us! You will find some suggestions in there, but mostly just kooky people looking forward to a good vacation! And we even have a couple from AZ going! Come on in and introduce yourself...the more the merrier! You can ask us questions and we can try to answer. The best way to get consolidated info is through the threads in the Ports of Call Section and places like that. I will see if I can find you a few links, too!

Come on in...the room is open! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12148067&posted=1#post12148067

We were in 8166 and had no problem with noise we even sat outside and never had a problem from above. The only night we heard anything it was the robe party and it wasn't even bad that night. I don't know where on the lido deck our cabin was it may have been in the eating part of the deck and not outside by the pools. We slept so good we ordered the pillows.

Mike

Oh very cool!!! I am sending you a link to our crazy thread for this cruise...come on in and meet some of us! You will find some suggestions in there, but mostly just kooky people looking forward to a good vacation! And we even have a couple from AZ going! Come on in and introduce yourself...the more the merrier! You can ask us questions and we can try to answer. The best way to get consolidated info is through the threads in the Ports of Call Section and places like that. I will see if I can find you a few links, too!

Come on in...the room is open! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12148067&posted=1#post12148067

Thanks I appreciate the link.:)

When I wrote about the cell calls being wicked expensive I was referring to literally using the cell phone while at sea - not in a port. I think any of the major cell carriers will offer international plans where one can pay (like you said) about .20/.30 cents a minute. I did speak with my cell company and thought about adding the international plan but then again I figured - why? I'm on vacation and there is no one I need to talk to that bad! Good luck with it.

I wish I could leave the phone but with my daughter watching our house and baby (Golden Retriever puppy:D ) we needed to be able to touch base with her. I ended up getting the International plan added on! We just have to make sure our foot is not on the boat when we call her:D :D

Glad to hear everyone has enjoyed her. Only 4 more weeks for us and we are so excited. For those who just recently finished their cruise....what was the tendering like in Belize? Did you book with Carnival? If so, where did you meet to get your tender? We booked an independent tour and need to get on an early tender. How often do they run from ship to shore?

That was the only bad thing about the cruise:eek: . I booked through Carnival and was told to be ready at 8 am our trip was for 9 am and we weren't called for our tender until 9am so we got a late start and we only had 15 min to see the stores in port where we should have had 1 hour to shop before the last tender.

mike

That was the only bad thing about the cruise:eek: . I booked through Carnival and was told to be ready at 8 am our trip was for 9 am and we weren't called for our tender until 9am so we got a late start and we only had 15 min to see the stores in port where we should have had 1 hour to shop before the last tender.

mike

Where did you meet for the tenders? In the lounge or someplace else? Was the 9 am tender the first, second, third tender? We booked independent (we have proof) and they stated to get off on the first or second tender? We're sure it'll be ok but it still causes some headache...

Why thanks, Vick! Yeah, we have become like the 3 musketeers (or maybe we're more like the Mouseketeers?!?!) of our Roll Call, huh?:p LOL!:D

Have a great time on your cruise!...you'll love the Legend!.....great ship and crew!

Archived