Advice for Spirit Florida/Bahamas

susanema

I'm thinking of booking the 5/25/08 six day Florida/Bahamas on the Spirit. I'm hoping I can find some advice before I commit. First, what is the difference between balcony level staterooms? They are all the same price on this cruise and they seem to be the same size. My daughter is 20. Will she be able to buy alcohol on the ship and on the private island? How many of the restaurants are available for a fee?

Thanks so much for any info you may have.

The biggest difference in balcony rooms is the location on the floors. Front, middle, or rear. Front and rear rock a little more than the middle rooms. They are the same size. I don't care where the rooms are because I like the rockin and rollin, helps me sleep. But I'm weird. I also don't drink so I can't help with the alcohol questions. So I guess, in my case, the ship rockin makes me feel like I've been drinking.

when we get back in early dec, i will have 1st hand information of the spirit. :D

the balcony rooms are all the same, just the location on the ship. as we were starting to look, all the balconies were the same price for our cruise...but by the time we booked they had changed. as it turned out, 1 level of balcony was less then if we had booked the week before. still got mid-ship, but we got a BD on deck 9. the only difference between that and a BA is the BAs are on deck 10.

from what i understand, your daughter will be able to buy beer...with your written permission. they check ID for the hard stuff and the age is 21.

if you look at the restaurant list for the ship, cagney's , le bistro and all the asian are surcharges. Raffles Court & Terrace

Shogun Asian Restaurant $ reservations

Le Bistro French Restaurant $ reservations

Teppanyaki $ reservations

Cagney's Steakhouse $ reservations

Sushi and Sashimi Bar $ reservations

Blue Lagoon Cafe

La Trattoria no $ reservations

The Garden Room

Main Dining Room

Windows Main Dining Room

Bier Garten Grill

Room Service

Thanks for the info!

The stateroom I'm looking at is on deck 9 midship. That looked good as there are no public areas in the same area on deck 10.

Could DD order mixed drinks on the private island? It seems silly that a 20 year old can't drink in a country that allows alcohol at 18.

I am on the 5/11 sailing with my DD, now 22. We did the same spirit cruise last year when she was 21 so she was of age. We had a blast.

I believe your daughter can purchase beer (if 18) on the ship and the private island, but not mixed drinks.

Archived