port or starboard on northbound Italian coast

maryella

We will be on the Gems July 13th sailing from Barcelona. I have cabins on the Port (left) side thinking we were heading from Barcelona south along the Italian coast. I thought it would be nice to watch the coast as we sail by. However I just checked the itinerary and found we head south to Sicily abd then north along the caost. Since I am a novice cruiser I am wondering if I should change the side of my cabins to starboard (right). Is it better to have the view of the coast or be on the other side with only an ocean view and the sunset?

We will be on the Gems July 13th sailing from Barcelona. I have cabins on the Port (left) side thinking we were heading from Barcelona south along the Italian coast. I thought it would be nice to watch the coast as we sail by. However I just checked the itinerary and found we head south to Sicily abd then north along the caost. Since I am a novice cruiser I am wondering if I should change the side of my cabins to starboard (right). Is it better to have the view of the coast or be on the other side with only an ocean view and the sunset?

We thought we would see the coast from our side of the ship, but really you don't. They head pretty far out to sea. The only time we saw the coast was when we came into port in the AM. We were on the right side sailing north up the Italian coast.

Thanks wtca

I did not realize the ship cruises so far out to sea. I thought they cruise close to the coast. HMMMMMMMMMM. What to do? I would love to face west and see the sun set each night from our balcony however it would be cool to see the ports as we arrive or the distant coast as you say.

Thanks wtca

I did not realize the ship cruises so far out to sea. I thought they cruise close to the coast. HMMMMMMMMMM. What to do? I would love to face west and see the sun set each night from our balcony however it would be cool to see the ports as we arrive or the distant coast as you say.

We went to the back of ship, The Great Outdoors, and watched the sun set on our second night (full day at sea). I got some great pics!

Archived