Silver Moon

barneysail

Ahoy there, joining the ranks again, will be on Carnival in November. Silver Moon sounds great, but I am confused by what I am reading. Question:

Is there one or two boats? Which one carries only 12? Has anybody been on it in the last month or so to give me some details.

Lorenz

We were on the SM1 earlier this month. It is actually a substitute for the SM1 until they get there new ship. There were 11 people on it with a max of 12. It was a great crew and an awesome time.

I was on the sm2 last year and there was about 18 people with a max of 24(I think). Imho the SM2 is a nicer ship than the SM1 they are using now. I would reserve the SM2 its less$$$too. They do a great job and reccomend them highly.

Harry

We went in September on the boat they use for SM1, we were by the turtles and next to their SM2, definetely liked ours better. We had the best time ever, crew was fantastic, food was better than on the ship - we were 12 on board and decided never to go on anything that carries more. We had plenty of room, boat was clean, had shade for the wife. My son can't wait to go back. Good Choice Barney. Some friends of ours are going in November as well.

Al

...It is actually a substitute for the SM1 until they get there new ship...Imho the SM2 is a nicer ship than the SM1 they are using now. I would reserve the SM2 its less$$$too....

We've been on the SM1 last year and would definitely do one of their trips again. But curious - what is it about this interim "substitute" SM1 that you didn't like as much as the other boats? Do you have any pictures of the boat from your trip last month?

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the interim boat in early November and had a blast. Loved the limit of 12 people and the people manning the boat did an outstanding job. It was probably one of the most relaxing trips we took. You could snorkel if you wanted (we had done that on previous trips) and just relaxed and enjoyed the view and relaxation. Crew was fantastic and probably the best lunch we have ever had on a day excursion. It was delicious! Would highly recommend them even with this interim boat. They are supposed to be getting a new one, but not sure when.

We were on the original SMI in 2005 and it is still the best tour we've ever taken. We are booked for the SMI in January. Wondering if anyone knows if it will be this 'interim' cat or when they will take delivery of their new catamaran. Anyone have pics of this interim cat?

I just went on the SMII on mid-November and I really liked it. There were maybe 20 people on board, but it wasn't crowded at all. Also, it was raining in the morning as we sailed out of the harbor and the SMII had a roof! The rain stopped by the time we got to our spots, though. I was never crowded and really enjoyed the SMII.

Hey, thanx for all the advise and feedbacks, we did go on their SM1 in November, just got back. Had the best time ever, crew was amazing, we had so much fun and relaxed like never before. Food was delicious. The crew helped everyone with the snorkelling and even managed to get people that never snorkelled before relaxed and hooked on snorkelling. Will go next time again, sorry no pictures, only of the turtles and some amazing fish.

Tks

Barney

I believe the SMII is more like 87.50 pp and as mentioned the SM is $105. Children (12 under I think are less). We negotiated to get our 5 year old for free (since we booked 4 adults). We are booked for April. We have been on the SMII before and loved it. This time they have us on the SM. I cannot wait.

• 3 weeks later...

DH and I just returned from a great 14 day cruise on Crown Princess. We had a wonderful day in Barbados on Silver Moon. We had a total of 11 passengers and 3 crew. which were all EXTREMELY accommadating, helpful and made sure we had a wonderful experience. The larger SM1 had a total of 24 and a crew of 3 or 4. I only tell you this because the catamarand booked through the ship had a total of 120+ and a crew of 4.

We had such a great day. We went up the coast about 10 miles from where the ships were docked and had a great snorkle, under sails the entire trip because of the great winds. After awhile, we moved over to a reef and had another great swim and snorkle. After a rest and some soaking up of sun we were served a full hot lunch (which was, by the way, wonderful). After a short rest, we headed back down toward the cruise ship, all the while enjoying pina coladas, beer or rum punch. We arrived back around 3:00 p.m. and sadly had to end a wonderful trip and head back to the ship.

Thanks Silver Moon crew for making our sailing in Barbados a wonderful experience.

Hi Marilyn! Glad to hear you had a great time on the Silver Moon! Our plans to cruise with you guys and go on the Silver Moon have gone astray over the past couple years. Maybe sometime we'll get to cruise together and go on the Silver Moon again.

Take care and say hi to the other M for us.

Archived