Holiday 10-18-07 review

bahia puller

My first cruise was on the Holiday (Feb 2005) so it was all new to me.

My second cruise was on the Fantasy (last April).

We took a 4 day cruise on the Holiday on a spur of the moment deal on 10/18 and the Holiday seems to be in decline. I will not cruise on her again.

Stayed in ocean view R-70 cabin.

sewage smell periodically on R deck and in cabin

Brown water in sink and shower (hot water)

TV picture tube almost gone with purple or green as your tint colors

Reception on TV (with others confirming also) poor with constant picture loss and blank screen -- tried to watch Nascar race with picture going out every 10 seconds and not coming back for 20. Race not shown on Promenade deck.

Bathroom sink/ mirror wall insert loose and creaked/squeaked -- shoved some waded paper into gap in wall to reduce noise

Hot cabin at night

Wharf and grill buffet dining area was hot often and smelled musty

Orange juice in 4 winds dining room was basically orange water for 3 mornings. Sent it back and got more orange water.

Overall scuffed/ chipped / worn look to ship with worn carpet -- needs to be refurbished -- some hand rails sticky

Elevators had lights go out on them and jerky at times.

Americana lounge was freezing at all times.

Food in dining room was fairly good and the buffet was ok too, and we had a good time, BUT when we crusie aagin it will not be on the Holiday.

Staff was friendly.

My opinion of the Holiday is like staying in an old RAMADA hotel.

Yes, it is sad to see an old friend who you have sailed on for years ...fade.

And that is exactly what she is doing...fading.

We have retired many ships and look forward to sailing on her one more time in December to say goodbye. We know she will be gone soon (but no one knows exactly when) and we will have a good time...but we know what to expect.

The Lido buffet area (btw) has always been hot. It was just a poor design at the time where the doors keep opening so wide that all the air - conditioning flows out.

Hope your next cruise is a better one....

I'm sorry you had such a bad time. We're going on the Holiday next Saturday for the third time this year. We also have another Holiday cruise in Janusry. My DW and I were a little disappointed for the first day or so. We had two cruises on the Conquest and another on the Spirit in Alaska to judge the Holiday. It's not as big and beautiful as the other ships, but it did changed my mind about small ships. We enjoyed our time on the Holiday Last January and had a great time Last month. I can't wait next Saturday for our next Holiday cruise. I never smelled anything bad. The water was never brown. My room was cool and the service was great. I'm a captain on a ice breaker research ship. I think I know a good bit more than the average person who spends a few days on these great ships. I'm on mine right now and we have the same problems you talk about. My crew works around the clock trying to make everything just right. Give the crew a little time to fix things. I know the do care how you feel and want you to come back. I hope your next cruise is a geat one. All of mine are.

I dont write bad things about her becouse some people have a hard time reading bad things about her.I also had some of the same things happen to me but some people did'nt like what I said so I just dont say nothing any more! I am sure that in the days it was a great ship but now I think its time to upgrade. For a first time cruiser they would'nt know any better and they might think all the Carnival ships might be like that but they are not! WE are now saving our money for our next cruise on Thanksgiving of next year but as much as we love Carnival(after going on the Holiday) we booked on R.C.on the Mariner Of The Seas. Sorry about your cruise!

Sorry that your experience on the Holiday was not up to par. We have sailed on her 5 times (most recently in August of this year) and had a wonderful time every sailing. We never experienced any of the things that you have described; only great food, wonderful service and the friendliest crew in the fleet!

Archived