Xcaret/Xel-Ha

TMS9539

I agree that Cozumel is much better for snorkeling. However, Xcaret Park is a neat place to visit! They have a "lazy river" that allows you to snorkel through "caves" which we thought was fun. The park itself is nicer than a crowded public beach area any day!

I've been to Xcaret twice & I loved it both times. The best way to describe it is "ecological water park".

This may be kind of long (sorry)

There's a nice "lagoon" with sand bottom and pleanty of chairs and palapays around to sit on so you're out of the sun. They have inner tubes all around the beach in case you just want to float in the warm tranquil waters. They also have waiters who come around to take food & drink orders (not cheap).

There's an area where you can walk down a few stairs and be among hundreds of fish in which to snorkel with...I really like to snorkel here it's just my "speed". I'm not much of a "boat" snorkler. In that same area they have "helmet" diving which I think is about $50.00 to do. (if you watched celebrity mole they were there doing that.)

There's also swimming with the Dolphins about $100.00 to do that.

There are "native performances" around the park which we really enjoyed. At night there's an awsome show which tells the history of the Mayan/ Mexican Culture thru song & dance....not to miss if you're in port at night or even just in the area on a land vacation.

There's the snorkeling river which is quite chilly if you ask me. There are no fish in there you just snorkel thru rocks & caves which I'm not sure some look like they are man made. It took us about 45 min to 1 hour to snorkel thru...you give them all your "personal" stuff in a lock bag and they transport it to the end for you. There are also lockers on site where you can keep valuables.

There are also other things for "nature" lovers like horseback riding & nature trails to walk thru I belive they do some kind of guided walking tour as well.

We also went to the back of the park and did the "space needle" ride which I really enjoyed beacuse of the great ariel pictures I got.

They do have a web site http://www.xcaretcancun.com

Hope that helps you out I really enjoyed the day there it's much more than a snorkel trip. Never been to Xel-Ha but have heard good things about it as well.

I have not been to Xcaret but I have been to Xel-ha once and I really enjoyed it. From what I understand the two are similar in the snorkling they offer. Xel-ha offers a very large lagoon to snorkle in which I found to be amazing. I have snorkled in Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Cozumel and Xel-ha is one of the favorites. They have several resturants and some great hammocks in the shade to lounge in. I hope this info helps and have a great time no matter what you do!

Xcaret is a nice park with what they refer to as an underground river thru caves. While it was fun, it is not especially exciting and there was nothing to see snorkelwise. The gardens, and the grounds in general are beautiful.

Archived