Pet Peeves

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

What are some of your cruising/Carnival pet peeves?

Mine are:

-The incessant, annoying announcements. I truly hate this about cruising. I'm sure we're all adults and can read our Capers, I hate how they treat you like babies and announce every annoying little last thing. A few a day-OK. But not constantly, especially when I'm trying to nap.

-The antics in the dining room after the meal. Is it just me or does this not seem a little, uh, juvenile? I'm not an old fogey or spoil sport by any means, but I just think this "entertainment" is ridiculous! We're all dressed up and enjoying this fancy, supposed to be sophisticated meal, and next thing I know my waiter has a tray on his head! I don't get it and the employees never seem too pleased either. I just think it's silly.

I'll stop for now.

Now before anyone says I shouldn't cruise, or shouldn't cruise on Carnival, you're wasting your time. I love cruising, I certainly don't let a few minor things ruin my fun! Just interested in what you all had to add.

Deck Chair Hogs

Bus-crew who wipe the table and the seat of the chair with the same cloth.

Shaking the hand of every one of the waiter staff on the first day/first meal. You just know he/she/they shook the hands of a hundred other passengers, and at least one of them is 'not really feeling well'.

Did I mention Deck Chair hogs? I really hate rushing to get a deck chair... I just feel like I should be stressing to find a place to relax.

The fact that they make me pay for my cocktails before I get off the boat...and I coulda sworn the bill shouldn't be that high! Actually, our only real complaints are pretty minor too. I could do without announcements as well, since I too can read, and the dancing waiter thing doesn't do it for me either. Some people think it's great, and it doesn't actually bother me - if it does, I'll go eat at the supper club (we already do twice a cruise). I wish, that since we have to go to the muster drill each and every time, that other passengers would quit whining about it and trying to hide under their beds so that those of us who thought we were showing up late wouldn't still have to stand in the hot sun for an hour and listen to them moan. That should about do it for my peeves.

I will have to go with inconsiderate passengers as well. We all know, or have read about, those that think they can do whatever they want (or allow their children to do whatever they want) because they paid $X for their cruise and it is their money and their vacation, regardless of how their actions affect the other 2,000 or 3,000+ passengers.

Cruising is perfect. Announcements? Unless they say my name or say abandon ship, I don't even notice them. They could prattle on as long as they want, I'm cruising, which means I'm not paying any attention to anything official. Waiters singing and dancing? As soon as we finish eating, we are GONE. If that means walking out while the silly show is going on, so be it, but we are NOT putting up with that ill conceived, terribly performed, zero talent nonsense. But it doesn't hurt our cruise, we just leave and go have an after dinner libation. Wouldn't mind at all if they stopped that claptrap.

Dan

Nice edit:D For a minute I thought you were the only considerate person on the ship:p

My pet peeve today is that this board keeps giving me the dreaded double post, sometimes after quite a bit of time has passed. This time, rather than just posting an "oops" message, I figured I'd scramble to come up with a new post. I should have known I couldn't get past your eagle eyes! :p

Basically just Chair Hogs- We went up deck and saw around 10 chairs empty but all had one shoe or a single towel on them:mad:

We ended up on the other side and watched to see who the hogs were and finally after a good 2-3 hours they came. We were tipsy and gossiped about them but it was all in good fun!

Still can't get over that pic that I posted, eh TC? :p

lol, sandi, no...not your picture...the thread that has been going around all week where some have said the color of the couch just ruins things for them.

i am still laughing at the fact that someone's cruise cld actually be less than what they hoped b/c of the "color" of one single piece of furniture in one (their stateroom) area of the ship.

i need a ROFLMAO icon.:p

Basically just Chair Hogs- We went up deck and saw around 10 chairs empty but all had one shoe or a single towel on them:mad:

We ended up on the other side and watched to see who the hogs were and finally after a good 2-3 hours they came. We were tipsy and gossiped about them but it was all in good fun!

you didn't find that tortuga rum guy statue freaky, lol?

i did. i stayed away from him, lmao.:D

Parents who conveniently forget that they brought their 3 children (who were raised by wolves) on board. Actually that is an insult to wolves...wolves would have done a much better job!!

The attitude of some of the barstaff and bartenders towards people with pop cards... especially towards kids. The cards are paid for, with a tip, give them the same service as everyone else!

Also, the people who take SO LONG at the sushi bar, getting ginger and wasabi and such, and who hold the line to a stand still.

But everything else is great. I love cruising!!

The attitude of some of the barstaff and bartenders towards people with pop cards... especially towards kids. The cards are paid for, with a tip, give them the same service as everyone else!

That's why I palm my card until they say, "May I help you?".;)

I have had them ignore me until other passengers say, I think this lady was before me. Kinda makes you wish you could take the tip back, right then and there.

Pet peeves... people who let their stateroom door slam (over and over again) while I'm trying to sleep. People who think they are too good to wait in line like everybody else. And people who are rude to the crew and treat them like they are not human.

Actually all of these are pet peeves of cruising in general, not just Carnival. The singing waiters would be a Carnival specific pet peeve, but I don't mind them. I'm not that excited about them, but they don't bother me... unless they don't bring me my dessert because they have to go get ready to sing and dance. :(

You should just do what I do, when there are only towels holding them I move them off. Seriously, I just cannot stand the chair hogs either but I dont really let people get away with it.

On my last cruise my DH and I went and moved them and these 20 something girls walked up and asked us where their towels were and I looked them dead in the face and said "Dont know what your talking about but if you were saving chairs they dont allow that" and went back to talking to my husband and ignored them until they walked away. Sure they gave me looks of death but what do I care, lol.

Archived