Pet Peeves

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

My biggest pet peeve is reading about others pet peeves while they are on vacation. You know, "don't sweat the small stuff". You're on a vacation, things can't be that bad.... just sit back, relax and enjoy the moment! Life's way too short.

Click the next thread and move on then! Most of these posts arent really "pet peeves" so much as people having fun connecting with each other discussing the smallest of inconveniences.

It's fun to read these posts and go "OH YEAH!! I hate it when XX happens too! haha!"

Relax, its all in good fun ;)

I'm starting to appreciate why the handicapped are sometimes rude. They have to be so that they are treated with decency considering their limitations. My FIL is in a wheelchair, my MIL pushes him. On the Mariner a woman turned around in the Promenade and walked right into him while shopping the sale tables. SHE had the nerve to say she was sick and tired of all these wheelchairs in the way all over the ship! My MIL said, "You may be in one yourself someday."

Oh, that is so sad! :(

OK, I know I may get completely attacked for saying this, but I hate the scooters. I understand there are disabled people who like to cruise, but if you can't walk your ass around the cruise ship, then use a wheelchair. Some people on those things have no control and I actually had my foot run over by one of those and had 3 bones broken in my foot. I think they should be banned from use on the ship, I understand that if you want to go long distances off the ship that is fine, they should be stored downstairs to be picked up when you are going ashore, otherwise, when on the ship they should not be in use. Some people are just downright dangerous and reckless on them.

I fully agree! It's noble to make every effort to overcome a disability, I truly admire the spirit, but here's where I draw the line -- an older woman (late 60's) took her REALLY OLD mother (probably late 80's) on one of our cruises, and drug her around everywhere at every port in raging heat -- and the kicker is she wasn't physically able to manage some of the rougher terrain and I, plus others on the tour, had to trundle Mamma through the rough, broken pavement and up steep slopes . . . she was so slow in getting Mamma through the tour that we actually missed two of the stops because we had to wait. And Mamma was hot and cranky -- so were we!! I think we all were a bit resentful that this woman insisted on dragging her mother to places that were not handicap accessible and then standing back expecting the rest of us to deal with Mamma.

:mad:

Archived