Is there a place at the brissy port..

i will be arriving at the brissy airport on a thursday and wanted to hire a car from the thurs and drive to the gold coast, spend a night there, then drive back up to brissy on the friday, (we will be staying at a hotel close to the port) maybe go out for dinner, and wanted to drop the car at the port on saturday morn and hop on the ship.... maybe we should just drop the car back to the airport and get a taxi to the port....

No idea which rental company yet.

There are no rental car places at Portside (that i'm aware of). Might be best to find a company that has a yard nearby that you can pick up / drop off. Have a look on the web for places on or near Kingsford Smith Drive. They'd be your closest.

We've hired a moving truck from Budget down that way, but not sure if they have cars there or if it's just the larger vehicles.

There is a Budget rental place on the corner of where you turn in to get to Portside i think.

12 Curtin Ave, Hamilton

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=budget+rent+a+car&near=Brisbane,+QLD&fb=1&view=map&cd=1&ll=-27.434403,153.080406&spn=0.053934,0.080338&z=14&iwloc=1&om=1

That's just the depot - I think they only deal with buses, vans & trucks.... Cars are done from the shop front in the Valley

• 1 month later...

We dropped our rental car off at the airport and then wandered over and got on a P&O shuttle. This was Jan last year so they may have changed the rules. It is no use asking P&O (I feel) on the phone because they told me it wasn't possible unless you were a P&O flight person and that isn't usually the case.

I've been doing a bit more investigation on this (when I should be working :D).

Coachtrans sent me this email

We depart the Brisbane airport to the Brisbane cruise terminal every 30

>> minutes and the rate is $12.00 one way per adult. You can book and pay on

>> arrival at the airport or book online at http://www.coachtrans.com.au

This doesn't sound too bad to me, not sure if it will be cheaper in a taxi

as I have no idea how far the terminal is from the airport.

Hope that helps someone....:)

hahaha how sneaky hoping on the P&O shuttle. Wouldnt they have a list of names that were allowed on the shuttle though?

Oh the coachtrans bus sounds ok. But im pretty sure the terminal is only about 7kms away from the airport.. so for 5 of us it would be cheaper to get a taxi im sure because $12 x 5 = $60.00 and surely a taxi wouldnt cost that much.

hahaha how sneaky hoping on the P&O shuttle. Wouldnt they have a list of names that were allowed on the shuttle though?

Oh the coachtrans bus sounds ok. But im pretty sure the terminal is only about 7kms away from the airport.. so for 5 of us it would be cheaper to get a taxi im sure because $12 x 5 = $60.00 and surely a taxi wouldnt cost that much.

Have you consided dropping everyone off at portside first, then return the car to the airport

That way you dont have to double handle the luggage and only pay for one on the Coachtrans bus:cool:

Sarah, Andy and I got a taxi from Portside to the airport, cost was $24, P&O were charging $12 for their transfer. Taxi was more convenient to us as we had arranged to meet up with Minxy and JP. even if you needed two taxis for your luggage for 5 of you, it would work out cheaper than the transfers.

Chez

xx

That's just the depot - I think they only deal with buses, vans & trucks.... Cars are done from the shop front in the Valley

We have hired a car from budget to get to the cruise terminal - we have hired it from Logan and will be dropping it off at budget in Hamilton - 12 curtin avenue - so you can drop cars off at the budget at hamilton. We are paying $62 for a days hire of a station wagon.

Cheers Rach

Depending where the rental car office in the city is, you could also drop off the car there and then catch the city cat ferry to Brett's Wharf. It is a very good service and Brett's Wharf is only a 200-300 metre walk then to Portside The ferry costs all of $2.70 per head though!!

See www.translink.qld.gov.au/qt/TransLin.nsf/index/ferry_main for service details.

Cheers

Bob

Five people in the one taxi plus luggage???!!!!! You won't fit it all in the boot thats for sure. There were four of us in a 7 seater limo and we needed the boot the front seat and hand luggage went in with us!

cheers!!

Karen;)

Five people in the one taxi plus luggage???!!!!! You won't fit it all in the boot thats for sure. There were four of us in a 7 seater limo and we needed the boot the front seat and hand luggage went in with us!

cheers!!

Karen;)

Well see we are actually hoping to get a station wgn taxi. We are all taking duffel bags instead of suitcases because the are more easy to squish places if need be (ie - under our feet!)

this better work because we have a station wgn for the 2 days in goldie/brissy before the cruise and we HAVE to make it fit lol

Well see we are actually hoping to get a station wgn taxi. We are all taking duffel bags instead of suitcases because the are more easy to squish places if need be (ie - under our feet!)

this better work because we have a station wgn for the 2 days in goldie/brissy before the cruise and we HAVE to make it fit lol

At least you should have an idea before you have to get the cab (book it early though! - perhaps even book a maxi taxi???).

We had trouble recently in Perth getting three people and their luggage for a five day conference into a cab - the cabbie had the spare tyre at least in the back of the station wagon (because of the LPG tank I assume???!!) - anyway there wasn't too much room in the back! - We did have suitcases though!

Archived