Lunch Menus?

a9753

I have the menus from the Zuiderdam (we were on the ship this past Feb.). If you're interested in those, let me know and I'll post them here. :)
Twinkle -

Your menus and Middle-age-Mom's were copied into THIS THREAD very recently by hammybee.

Edit: OOPS, sorry those aren't lunch menus ...

Here's the lunch menus. I'm missing the Day 2 lunch menu. The dessert menus for Day 3 and 6 don't have a date, so these may not be accurate on the day I posted them under.

7-day Zuiderdam Caribbean Lunch Cycle

DAY 1-Closed

DAY 2

I’m missing the lunch menu for day 2

DESSERT

Old Fashioned Apple Pie

Cinnamon-scented apples and raisins nestled in a flaky crust, served with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream

Praline Mousse Cake

Moist and tender genoise sponge cake layered with a hazelnut praline mousse

Chocolate Profiteroles

The classical French favorite. Feather-light cream puffs filled with velvety chocolate custard.

NO SUGAR ADDED DESSERTS

Butterscotch Pudding

Creamy smooth pudding with the flavor of brown sugar, sprinkled with crisp pistachio nuts

ICE CREAMS, SHERBET AND FROZEN YOGURT

Vanilla or Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

No sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream

Pineapple Sherbet

Low Fat Frozen Strawberry Yogurt

Caribbean Pineapple Sundae

A mound of coconut ice cream dripping with slow-simmered pineapple rum compote. Garnished with whipped cream and chopped nuts

BEVERAGES

Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino,

Assortment of Teas

Iced Tea or Milk

DAY 3

FRESHLY BAKED BREAD

Sour Dough Rolls-Three Seed Bread

STARTERS & SOUP

Honeydew Melon and Papaya

Basted with a zingy ginger syrup

Boston Bibb Lettuce

Supple, sweet lettuce with roasted tomato and bright bell peppers

Your choice of dressing: House Italian, Thousand Island, Blue Cheese and fat free Ranch

Smoked Salmon Tartare

With a wasabi crème fraiche and pleasantly pickled red onions

Seafood Spring Roll

Delicate seafood filling in a crisp-fried wrapper, with a sweet-and-spicy red chili sauce for dipping

Black Bean Soup with Mango Salsa

Hearty Caribbean soup simmered with garlic and cumin. Topped with tangy mango salsa

Chilled Raspberry Soup

Sweet, cool and smooth, with a bite of fresh mint

ENTREES

Salade Nicoise with Grilled Salmon

Flakey salmon atop lightly dressed greens, surrounded with tender green beans, steamed sliced potatoes, crisp cucumber, fresh tomato, onion and briny olives, drizzled with a rosy vinaigrette

The New York Style Pastrami Sandwich

A heap of paper-thin josher-style pastrami on golden toasted caraway seed rye bread, served with crunchy potato chips

The Classic All American Burger

Hand-formed, sizzle-grilled beef burger on a sesame bun with all your favorite condiments and fresh-made French fries. Sautéed mushrooms, cheddar cheese, bacon and sautéed onion on request

Traditional Fish and Chips

Firm-fleshed Atlantic cod fillet dipped in a bubbling beer batter, crispy golden fried and served with malt vinegar, tangy tartar mayonnaise and hefty steakhouse fries

Broiled Chicken Breast ‘Cubana’

Seasoned with cumin and cilantro then juicy grilled, served on spicy fiesta black bean rice with bell peppers and sautéed chayote

Pasta Pasta

Spaghetti quick-tossed with your choice of piping hot marinara seafood sauce, Alfredo sauce or meat sauce, served with Parmesan shavings and garlic bread

Western Omelet

A traditional American flat omelet filled with diced smoked country ham, potatoes, inions and red and green bell peppers

DESSERTS

This is either day 3 or 6 dessert menu-there’s no date on the card

Lemon Meringue Pie

Liltingly rich lemon custard baked in a crisp, flaky crust and crowned with soft meringue

Carrot Cake

Moist carrot-flecked cake studded with raisins, walnuts and pineapple. Spread with a smooth cream cheese icing

Rich Chocolate Custard Cream

With Malibu cream

NO SUGAR ADDED DESSERTS

Chocolate Mousse

Feather-light mousse of sugar-free chocolate

Vanilla or Cookies-and-Cream Ice Cream

No Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream

Coconut Sherbet

Low Fat Frozen Vanilla Yogurt

Strawberry Sundae

A mound of vanilla ice cream topped with fresh ripe strawberry sauce, toasted almonds and whipped cream

BEVERAGES

Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino, Assortment of Teas, Iced Tead or Milk

DAY 4

FRESHLEY BAKED BREAD

County Italian Roll-Bavarian Farmers Bread

STARTERS & SOUPS

Sliced Oranges with Watermelon Salsa

Sun-golden citrus with a sweetly sour salsa of watermelon, lime, cilantro and jalapeno

Romaine Lettuce Spears

Garden showcase of rigid romaine, curly red beet and crisp cucumber, with sweet onion and corn confetti

Your choice of dressing: Italian, Thousand Island, Blue Cheese or fat free Ranch

Sliced Roasted Teriyaki Turkey Tender

Moist and savory white meat turkey, with bright, crisp snow peas and crunchy jicama salad

Provencale Vegetable Tart

From the garden harvest, served with ripe tomato and salad greens drizzled with a rustic-flavored tomato-basil vinaigrette

Butternut Squash and Apple Soup

Golden as the harvest moon, with an apple cider accent

Bahama Banana

Creamy chilled banana soup sprinkled with amber Caribbean rum

ENTREES

Beverly Hills Cobb Salad

Chopped iceberg lettuce, bacon crumbles, diced chicken breast, avocado and hard-cooked egg, with Blue Cheese and Thousand Island dressings

The Classic Reuben Sandwich

Rosy-hued corned beef paired with briny sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing, served on dark Russian rye with French fries and a dill pickle

Cheddar Burger with Chipotle Sauce

Hand-formed, sizzle-grilled beef patty topped with melted Cheddar and smoky jalapeno sauce, served with yellow and red tomato slices and French fries

Chili-Crusted Catfish

Partnered with a cooling tropical fruit salsa atop toasty almond pilaf rice. Served with plantain and cumin-scented carrots

Master Chef’s Favorite Slow Braised Short Ribs

Simmered in a delicate red wine sauce with dried cherries and served with home-style mashed potatoes and root vegetables

Pasta Pasta

Spinach linguini quick-tossed with your choice of carbonara sauce, meat sauce or sun-dried tomato pesto sauce, served with Parmesan shavings and garlic bread

Country Quiche

A mixture of diced ham, zucchini, onions, garlic and Gruyere cheese baked with seasoned egg custard and served with green salad

DESSERTS

Blueberry Pie

Caramelized peaches and berries bakes in a crisp, sweet crust, served with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream (I don’t know why this is called “blueberry” pie when it says it contains peaches-so it’s one or the other, I just don’t know which)

Floating Island

Soft meringue on vanilla crème anglaise caramel sauce and tossed almond

Chocolate Mousse Cake

Rich chocolate sponge cake layered with a rum-flavored chocolate mousse, garnished with marinated fresh strawberries

NO SUGAR ADDED DESSERTS

Cherry Strudel

Ruby-hued fruit between paper-thin sheets of flaky phyllo pastry

Vanilla or Praline

Rainbow Sherbet

Low Fat Frozen Peach Yogurt

Banana Sundae

A mound of vanilla ice cream blanketed with sliced bananas, caramel sauce, chopped nuts and whipped cream

BEVERAGES

Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino, Assortment of Teas, Iced Tea or Milk

DAY 5-Closed

DAY 6

FRESH BAKED BREADS

Multigrain Whole Wheat – French Baguette Roll

STARTERS & SOUPS

Fresh Orange and Pear Delight

Wedges of sweet Asian pear and sliced peach presented in a wedge of honeydew melon, twisted orange, seedless grapes and laced with Frangelico liquor

Belgian Endive and Iceberg Lettuce

With sweet mandarin segments, sliced avocado and blushing strawbetties

Your choice of dressing: House Italian, Thousand Island, Blue Cheese or fat free French Basil

Bay Shrimp Cocktail

Sweet cold water peeled, de-veined shrimp presented in a silver cup with Dutch brandied cocktail sauce

Mushroom Risotto

Combined with Parmesan cheese and blackened finely sliced chicken breast accompanied with a tomato concassee sauce

Green Chili and Corn Chowder

A thickened soup with a kick you back flavor topped with roasted pimentos

Chilled Watermelon Soup

Garnished with whipped mint foam

ENTREES

Tabbouleh Salad

Combination of bulgur wheat, fresh tomatoes, chipped mint, lemon juice, olive oil and fresh parsley combined and topped with warmed sliced tandoori chicken breast

Spicy Santa Fe Wrap

Filled with avocado guacamole, smoked turkey, cheddar cheese, roasted sweet peppers, olives and jalapeno peppers, complemented with Mexican rice salad

South of the Border Burger

Beef Patty topped with chili, cheddar and chopped onion on a toasted onion bun, with salsa and nacho chips

Cold Water Rainbow Trout Filet

Quickly seared and served with dill cucumber sour cream sauce and sesame flavored bok choy with buttered potatoes

Braised Swiss Steak

Braised in a rich red wine shallot sauce and served with mashed potatoes and turned root vegetables

Pasta Pasta-Tagliatelle with Gorgonzola

Tagliatelle tossed in a pungent Gorgonzola sauce or choose from Alfredo or meat sauce

Tender Twin

Toasted English Muffin with tender beef tips, topped with poached eggs, Madeira sauce and a teaspoon of hollandaise

DESSERTS

This is either day 3 or day 6 dessert menu

Pecan Bar

An all time American favorite served ala mode with a rich vanilla ice cream

Duo of Chocolate Mousse

Marriage of white and dark chocolates whipped into a mousse in a pool of raspberry sauce

Warm Mocha Pound Cake

With mango compote and vanilla ice cream

NO SUGAR ADDED DESSERTS

Vanilla Egg Custard

Served with sugar free chocolate sauce

Vanilla or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream

Mango Sherbet

Low Fat Frozen Strawberry Yogurt

Chocolate Sundae

A mound of vanilla ice cream covered with warm chocolate sauce, whipped cream and toasted almonds

BEVERAGES

Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino, Assortment of Teas, Iced Tea or Milk

DAY 7-Closed

Twinkle: Would you also have the breakfast menus?

I'm sorry, I don't. We did room service most mornings and one time we went to the buffet. The only reason I have the other menus is because they were left in our cabin daily, and unfortunately, the breakfast menu wasn't part of this. It would have been nice to have those, but we didn't receive those.

Twinkletoes.....

How incredibly generous of you to go to the trouble to post all those menus.

Thank you.

I'll use any excuse to get out of the office! lol :)

Really, I don't mind because I've found so much helpful info here that it's nice to be able to help others. I can't even begin to imagine trying to plan a cruise (and I've used this board for info on land vacations) without the help of posters like you and the rest of the CC members. :)

Archived