Casual Nights

barvn

It depends on whether or not you want to eat in the dining room. They don't allow swim suits, shorts, jeans, flip flops, etc.

If you're dining on Lido then almost anything goes.

Actually, they do allow jeans, and flip flops. They don't allow shorts, tank tops or bathing suits.

The most casual I'd go would be capris and a nice top, and if I ever wore flip flops, they'd be the nicer kind with the beading, not just plain old beach flip flops.

Actually, they do allow jeans, and flip flops. They don't allow shorts, tank tops or bathing suits.

The most casual I'd go would be capris and a nice top, and if I ever wore flip flops, they'd be the nicer kind with the beading, not just plain old beach flip flops.

Hummm... I never saw anyone with jeans in main dining...

This is from the Carnival FAQs...

Is there a dress code for the dining room?spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx

Machman, I'm glad that you haven't seen jeans in the main dining room, must be luck of the draw, because I've seen them on every cruise I've been on. And, they are being worn more and more.

What people can wear, what they should wear, what the do wear, and what they are allowed to wear are vastly different.

Machman, I'm glad that you haven't seen jeans in the main dining room, must be luck of the draw, because I've seen them on every cruise I've been on. And, they are being worn more and more.

What people can wear, what they should wear, what the do wear, and what they are allowed to wear are vastly different.

I've only sailed Carnival on three occasions. I didn't see folks with jeans in main dining on any of those sailings. Let me correct that, I didn't see folks with jeans in main dining on any of those sailing with the exception of the FIRST NIGHT when many passengers had yet to get their checked luggage.

Beyond that, it was resort casual.

People seem to not want to follow rules, regardless of the situation and this is no exception. Once again, from Carnival FAQs:

"Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room." ...emphasis mine.

I know that there are many differing opinions regarding what's proper to wear in main dining but the word 'required', to me at least, is the bottom line. I would imagine it's up to each Maitre'D to decide what's acceptable and what's not.

Just my $.02...

"Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room." ...emphasis mine.

I know that there are many differing opinions regarding what's proper to wear in main dining but the word 'required', to me at least, is the bottom line. I would imagine it's up to each Maitre'D to decide what's acceptable and what's not.

I completely agree with you. What is required is what I will wear. The problem lies in the fact that many pax, and many maitre'D's feel that jeans fall into the casual resort category. I don't think anyone has ever been turned away at the DR for wearing jeans on non formal nights.

Every cruise I've been on, there were people wearing jeans in the dining room. I personally would not wear them though. Too me, they are just too warm for the Caribbean weather and I don't even think about taking them. I usually wear Capris and a nice top. DH wears something like Dockers and a polo shirt.

On every cruise I have been on, there have been people in the dining room, for dinner, wearing jeans. I have also, on rare occasion, seen people in shorts. I do not see that being a rule that is enforced very often. Of course, I dont stand at the door all night waiting to see if anyone ever gets turned away either. As for me, I will wear slacks or Dockers and a nice shirt.

Would they have a problem with a dressy tank top?

Not at all. I wear tank tops with jeans and capris all the time on casual nights:)

Thanks. On past cruises I got dressed up even for casual nights, but this cruise I was hoping to wear capris and a dressy tank.

Archived