PVP/TA Questions!!!

shashy

Hi Again,

I have two questions that I know everyone will be able to help me with! Thanks in advance!!!

1. If it is against regulations to talk about specific TA's, if there is a bad experience with one wouldn't it be helpful for all to know????

2. I actually spoke to a PVP yesterday. She has same price as my TA but she kept talking and talking about upgrades like she was selling that aspect!!! I don't know how to feel about that-do I trust her?

There are always two sides to every story, so a bad experience could be caused by anything. Good reason not to have referrals or complaints . The cruiselines will try to sell upgrades. Maybe the PVP thinks it is a great deal and trying to let you know. Book with whoever you feel comfortable with.

I am sure there is a regulatory agency that you could report a bad TA to if they are breaking some kind of rule.

If they just don't give good service, then of course the regulartory agency would not apply.

If you are trying to decide between TA or PVP, it depends if you need the "face time". I always recommend that folks that are just starting out (or for some reason feel they need a little more hand holding) go with a TA.

However, since we are past that, our PVP works well for us. I already know the ship, date, cabin and price before I call him.

All I need for him to do is book it and watch out for price decreases! (we can't do upgrades)

Hi Again,

1. If it is against regulations to talk about specific TA's, if there is a bad experience with one wouldn't it be helpful for all to know????

That is a moot point.

The fact is that Cruise Critic has it's policies, and naming any agent or agency is against the rules. In order for us to be able to stay and play here and gain a wealth of information, we follow their rules.

That is a moot point.

The fact is that Cruise Critic has it's policies, and naming any agent or agency is against the rules. In order for us to be able to stay and play here and gain a wealth of information, we follow their rules.

Hey Cotton; we are headed out on your favorite ship in 45 days!!!! :D

Archived