Royal Cocktail Cards? Should they?

Should RCI bring back the Royal Cocktail cards?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should RCI bring back the Royal Cocktail cards?

Just curious as to how many people feel that RCI should bring back the Royal Cocktail card. At first I thought they should. It would be a great idea. But I've read some post that have gotten me thinking. Do we really need to encourage people to drink more? I mean we already have people falling from balconies naked and runing through plate glass windows. Then again most adults can control themselves and the card could save them a little money. What are your thoughts? Yes or NO?:confused:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

They also should bring back the non-alcoholic fruity drinks for our children as they too enjoy them while watching the shows with us at night.

This will also help to discourage those that like to bring a little bubbly of their own on board.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

They also should bring back the non-alcoholic fruity drinks for our children as they too enjoy them while watching the shows with us at night.

This will also help to discourage those that like to bring a little bubbly of their own on board.

Yeah then I wouldn't have to use my kids as an alcohol mule. :D

I said yes because I would like to be able to truly budget for drinks. I would hope people could be responsible and not abuse the card. Although... people can get crazy on vacation!:eek: :rolleyes:

It would help a bunch when it came down to budgeting for a cruise. That is always one of the big unknowns for me. I can pretty much budget everything else from excursions to dinner clubs but I never know how much I am going to spend on the beverages. I hope someone at RCI is looking and gives this some thought.

I think bringing back the cocktail card is a great idea. I was on AOS last March and was able to purchase a Champagne Cocktail Card and it was wonderful. You had your choice of about 10 different champagne cocktails. I can't remember the exact price but it was very reasonable.

Well maybe the Mariner will have such a card. I am not much on Champagne but if the price is right....after a few it just wont matter.:D

The idiots that walk among us will always find a way to get blazing drunk and perform their great acts of stupity, :eek: no matter what kind of restrictions are in place. These idiots are a very small minority who seem to enjoy spoiling things for everyone else.

The RCI rule about no outside alcohol deters SOME of this. However by the discussions I have seen, smuggling is a popular pastime. I would like to be able to bring a case of beer on my cruise. Ain't gonna happen. :(

I like the idea of the cocktail card. My guess is that it was eliminated for cost reasons. Assuming the price of the card averaged drink costs, i.e: Beer $3.00, Cocktail $5.00, card price: $4.00 each. Too many Joe Sixpacks will switch to a more expensive beverage. I spent a few years bartending in Los Angeles and saw this daily. If the house (or anyone else) bought a round, you can be sure that MGD guy would want a Heineken or that Miss House White would want a Cadillac Margarita.

My 2 cents. You want change? :p

BTW, Does RCI have the Beer Bucket?

The idiots that walk among us will always find a way to get blazing drunk and perform their great acts of stupity, :eek: no matter what kind of restrictions are in place. These idiots are a very small minority who seem to enjoy spoiling things for everyone else.

The RCI rule about no outside alcohol deters SOME of this. However by the discussions I have seen, smuggling is a popular pastime. I would like to be able to bring a case of beer on my cruise. Ain't gonna happen. :(

I like the idea of the cocktail card. My guess is that it was eliminated for cost reasons. Assuming the price of the card averaged drink costs, i.e: Beer $3.00, Cocktail $5.00, card price: $4.00 each. Too many Joe Sixpacks will switch to a more expensive beverage. I spent a few years bartending in Los Angeles and saw this daily. If the house (or anyone else) bought a round, you can be sure that MGD guy would want a Heineken or that Miss House White would want a Cadillac Margarita.

My 2 cents. You want change? :p

BTW, Does RCI have the Beer Bucket?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think when the Cocktail card was in place it was only allowed for house brand drinks.

Yes, they have buckets of beer. Sorry I don't know the cost.

last year it was about $20 for a bucket of 5 16oz "metal" bottles (bud products)....on a busy at sea day by the pool, the key chain bottle opener is a handy thing...otherwise you have to wait for server to come by and open the next one.

Not just sometimes, they flat out won't allow them to be delivered from outside companies.

Hmmm everyone I spoke to said they would allow outside companies to deliver to the ship. I even e-mailed the company and they said they were allowed to deliver spirits to the ship. :confused: See RCI if you would just bring back the card we wouldn't have these problems.:(

Hmmm everyone I spoke to said they would allow outside companies to deliver to the ship. I even e-mailed the company and they said they were allowed to deliver spirits to the ship. :confused: See RCI if you would just bring back the card we wouldn't have these problems.:(

Go look for threads in the past 2 months about Just Because of You.

Archived