diving at St. Thomas

Diane Roxs

We are looking for advice on which dive operation to consider (or stay away from) for our one day in St.Thomas. Would rather dive with a smaller group compared to a large one. Also any specific dive spots would you recommend if we have a choice?

Thank you.

We are looking for advice on which dive operation to consider (or stay away from) for our one day in St.Thomas. Would rather dive with a smaller group compared to a large one. Also any specific dive spots would you recommend if we have a choice?

Thank you.

I am in the process of gathering information about dive operators for our group cruise next year and that includes St. Thomas - I just started doing so, therefore what I have is still minimal, but I would be happy to share what I have with you. You are welcome to visit our group forum and check out our dive package updates. The most recent update has the link to dive operators in St. Thomas. I have about three dive operations in St. Thomas I am considering - I will probably go with one of the ones listed.

Good luck.

I took my wife and 2 other couples to Coki Beach. I went for 2-tank boat dive with Coki Beach Dive Club. Peter the owner was great. My BIL did a 1 tank discovery scuba and enjoyed it. The others snorkeled and enjoyed the beach there. Afterwards we went for an island tour (to Drakes Seat, Mountain Top, then stopped at Paradise Point for 1 hr before back to ship). All the driving was done with one tour company.

There are two reputable ops that can pick up divers at Havensight - Admiralty and Blue Island. The wreck diving at south of St. Thomas is apparently good. If you also like to get some beach time, then Coki Beach was pretty good for us.

I've gone with http://www.admiraltydive.com and had a very good time. They are a small boat operation, so no large groups. They pick up from the cruise dock. I did their 3 tank trip. We did the WIT Shoal as the first dives which pleased me. The conditions were good to dive the wreck.

Here are my St. Thomas Underwater photos if you want to see what the diving was like there last December.

Archived