Recommendations for travel with our 8 month old- Celebrity Constellation-Questions!

karmagirl72

Hi there :)

My husband and I will be traveling with our precious lil one in November on the Celebrity Constellation for the 10 day Caribbean cruise. This is our first time away since marriage/the baby, and we want to be equipped for our vacation. What should we bring for her? Can she go into the pool? Has anyone taken advantage of the in-room babysitting? Have you had a crib or pack and play supplied? Any suggestions are welcome... thank you in advance!

:D

Celebrity treated us great as a family with a 10 mo old (she turned 10 mo old while on that sailing). Don't forget the magic blanket/toy, bottles and NUKs. We had a small wooden port a crib set up in our cabin along the one wall. We brought several sheets of out own. It worked fine for us. As for food, she was still on formula which we brough the powdered type and used bottled water. We had the maitre'd speak with us the first night. He had fruit and vegs pureed each meal for her. We had brought a carry on filled with glass jars because we did not know if she would eat any of the food they made. We took home a ton of food. Bring diapers and more diapers. I had an umbrellas stroller with rotating wheels and a sun screen. It was great on ship and in port. We had one of the small blow up pools from a dollar store. It was the perfect size for her to splash and also at night as a bath tub on the shower floor. You can do a search and find all kinds of info on the food, pool (if not potty trained no pool. No pull ups allowed. Health ruling), strollers, germs, just everything. As you read all of them, remember, we are all only giving our opinions. Some will be way off from what you may think but others will seem very normal to you. Have a great cruise. You will be spoiled with Celegbrity. Maybe, next time you may want to try RCCl they have a Mom and Me program with their kids camp where you can go each day with the baby. It is really nice. At 2y CCL will allow the toddler in camp and they change diapers. We liked the in room sitter, felt good about her and safe leaving the baby. Some have even passed on names of who to ask for on a certain ship. You may want to post something over at Celebrity and also, check the roll call? Welcome to Cruise Critic and to family cruising. Have fun!!!!

Thank you so much for your advice- I've been searching all sorts of key words... and I'm now hunting a baby pool with a canopy!! What did you do for a high chair?

If you know of any names of the babysitters, please pass on!

Also, if you think of anything else that would be helpful for us to bring/know/ask for, just type away!!

Thanks again for your response!!

:)

Here is a link to a thread with a picture of a pool with a canopy go on to page 2 and you will see a post I made with two links to purchase it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=622880

I got mine at Target on clearance and I've still seen it at Target around South Florida (not all stores) but not available online from them.

As far as high chairs it's easy in the dining room and a bit hard in the buffet area. I'm bringing Regalo Easy Diner Portable Hook-On High Chair. Someone was using it when I was traveling with my son when he was 9 months old and told me how wonderful it was.

Here is a link:

http://www.target.com/Regalo-Diner-Portable-Hook-Chair/dp/B0000A1O7P/sr=1-1/qid=1193605107/ref=sr_1_1/601-1694050-6840153?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aportable%20high%20chair&page=1

I figure I'll leave it in the basket of the stroller and if I can't get a high chair then I can use it.

If your baby is eating soft foods, they will puree foods for you. They do not provide regular baby food. Bring as mamy diapers as you can pack---they don't have them on board. No babies in any pool on Celebrity. When we were on Conne, they had high chairs in the buffet. Also, if you want to dine in the alternate restaurant, you will need the babysitter because they have a minimum age of 12 for that dining room. We really can't give you names for sitters because crew changes every cruise and it's all volunteer so there's no way to tell which person will want to do the babysitting.

Hey helpful cruisers,

What are the appropriate steps once on board for getting a babysitter? Where on the ship should we go to schedule the babysitting? Do you get to select a specific person, or are you given whomever is available for the date/time you request one? Are you able to stick with one babysitter throughout the cruise? How far in advance should we do the booking for the babysitter?

Thanks everyone!

Marnie

You go to the pursers desk. You need to do it at least 24 hours in advance. But it is also suggested to do as soon as you board (you can put your things in your cabin first). You can't select the person, but many end up getting the same person regularly if they like the person.

We had one of the small blow up pools from a dollar store. It was the perfect size for her to splash and also at night as a bath tub on the shower floor.

Just curious as to where you dumped the water out when on deck? (Assuming of course that you brought it out on deck) I would guess down the drain in the shower area:confused: Just asking b/c I don't want to offend anyone. Obviously this is the type of water that is not allowed in the regular pool so don't want to do the wrong thing. Also, you've encouraged me. I thought cruising with my DD would be too much work but now I'm looking forward to it:)

I got mine at Target on clearance and I've still seen it at Target around South Florida (not all stores) but not available online from them.

I live in South Florida too, and have not seen the pool anywhere!!! I find it amusing that all Christmas and Halloween stuff is everywhere, and when we asked, personnel told us it was a 'seasonal item'. IN FLORIDA! haha

If you happen to see it, please let me know, and I'll go there to get it asap!

I do like the one step ahead one, but its $30, and every penny saved counts!

Thanks!:D

Where in South Florida do you live. I live in Broward but could end up in Target in Palm Beach as well. I saw it before the halloween stuff went up at the Target on Sample and 441. I wanted to go there today but didn't quite make it. If I can get out there later I will.

As for where to dump the water some people have managed to dump the water in drains around the deck but I was thinking of in the showers.

I frequently hit the one at commercial and University and I also go to the one at Sawgrass at least once a month if not more. We go to the story time at Mugsy Meadows (which no longer takes place at Mugsy Meadows but whatever LOL).

Archived