Sale days?

jamscckmc

Anyone book last wed on the 1 day sale? they advertised low deposit and up to $200OBC. Wonder if there was also lower prices? I had seen the ad but was not ready to book my summer cruise yet. It looks like the summer cruises are selling quickly and there are no great bargains out there. Was looking at the 9 night EOS out of NJ(no air) but the prices are $$$$, even the 3& 4 in the SR are $1200. Usually we don"t book our Aug cruise until Dec but we might be out of luck! Does anyone remember in previous years is they had more fall sale days? Thanks!

Anyone book last wed on the 1 day sale? they advertised low deposit and up to $200OBC. Wonder if there was also lower prices? I had seen the ad but was not ready to book my summer cruise yet. It looks like the summer cruises are selling quickly and there are no great bargains out there. Was looking at the 9 night EOS out of NJ(no air) but the prices are $$$$, even the 3& 4 in the SR are $1200. Usually we don"t book our Aug cruise until Dec but we might be out of luck! Does anyone remember in previous years is they had more fall sale days? Thanks!

Last Wednesday was a special sale day that is organized by CLIA, and called the Worlds Largest Cruise NIght. All the cruise lines have special deals, reduced deposits, and OBC for this sale. This is the 3rd year it has gone on and it gets bigger every year.

As far as sailing out of Bayonne next summer, the prices are through the roof and they are going to stay that way because demand is astronomical. It is the same for the Princess sailings out of Brooklyn, and the NCL and Carnival sailings from Manhattan. It is less expensive to fly down to Florida or San Juan and sail from there. August is also vacation time in Europe and many are coming to NY for the sailings as well. The lowest priced cruises are the Mexican Riviera sailings from LA and San Diego. You can usually get some great deals on non-stop air from EWR or JFK to the west coast, or you can get good rates on Continental nonstop from EWR to San Juan.

I booked our Feb 2009 cruise last week. The prices were the same as they have been advertising since the dates opened up. But with 2 staterooms for our family of 5, the 1/2 off deposit, and $100 per stateroom OBC, we saved $825. Not too shabby!

You do realize, I hope, that the 1/2 deposit isn't a discount. You still owe the other half in the cruise price, you just get to put less down initially.

Anyone know the answer to my ? if there will be more offers like this comining up. I have cruised before on RC but am not getting the great offers in the mail like I get from Princess and Celebrity. I always hate it when I book and then the next day there is a better price or OBC. TA's and the cruiselines hate to rebook and the best deals are for new bookings only.

Have you signed up for the Crown and Anchor Society? Since you've cruised RCCL before you will have some saving certificates to put toward specific cruises. If you are not a member call C&A and sign up. It's real simple and you will also get coupon books in your stateroom when you board. I cannot speak with absolute certainty but usually there is not another sale. One never knows though. If you have a good TA they will usually give up some of their comission and give it to you as OBC. Good luck.

Archived