The Bus Ride

Cal Cruiser

Google maps says 2 hours 23 minutes. I seem to recall it taking about three hours when I did this 15 years ago, but we also stopped at a couple of places to enjoy the view and take photographs.

Our bus in August was close to four but this was the last leg of a cruisetour and we made an unscheduled and totally delightful short stop at the wildlife conservation center. Both bus and train are great trips with views and commentary that are most enjoyable. Seems that Celebrity also staggers the arrival of buses so that too many don't arrive at the same time and any wait for embarkation is minimal. When our bus unloaded we waited a bit behind and watched several buses arrive about five minutes apart. And before actually pulling into dock area, driver made short trip through Steward. From time we walked into building til the time we stepped on ship was less than five minutes -- and that takes into account the fact that my husband is security-challenged and has never passed a metal detector that he doesn't love. Rather than keep moving, he stops dead center in the metal detector while it computes all the snaps, zippers, and buttons -- all the while with security yelling "keep moving!". All the time with this doofus grin on his face like "did I pass?"

Hope you have a fabulous time in Alaska!

Archived