I'm Wondering How it evolved????

sail7seas

[quote name='saltydog28']Are you speaking of the Nevele in Ellenville NY? It has to be, because one of their buildings is named Fallsview. It is still in operation. I go to an Irish weekend there. I believe they have two a year, one in the spring and one in the fall. I go in the fall. Plus they have other non-irish events throughout the year. I always have a good time there.
Pat.[/QUOTE]Saltydog,

The hotel I worked at was the Echo Hotel in Ellenville. Do you know if it's still there?

[quote name='Orcrone']Saltydog,

The hotel I worked at was the Echo Hotel in Ellenville. Do you know if it's still there?[/QUOTE]

Sorry Orcrone, I don't know. I come up from Phila. and go stright to the Nevele. I am unformiliar with the area. But I can tell you where there is a HUGE outlet mall. Woodbury Common.
Take care,
Pat.

I think it's just like at an "all you can drink" event where people end up so drunk they can't walk, they feel compelled to eat all they can when there is no extra charge. It doesn't do me much good as I can't eat half as much as I could when I was young. I do love those breakfast buffets with all the fresh fruit, though, and I'm not beyond taking a couple of bananas back to the stateroom to ripen another day or two before eating.

Slinkie

I remember staying at the Concord in the Catskills, At the time they had what was billed as the tougest golf course in the country or something like that, It was called "The Monster"

I was just a kid , but I remember my dad and uncle played it.

There was also a place in the Catskills called Pine Grove Ranch in Kerhonkshon (sp) I rememeber going to several times.

S7S,

You talk about the "Don't get my hair wet ladies" They are still alive and well and live in Florida. My mom laughs when they come to the pool in full hair and make up with all their jewelry on , and they walk into the pool for a dip like they are walking on eggshells *LOL*

[quote name='Vicar'] You talk about the "Don't get my hair wet ladies" They are still alive and well and live in Florida. My mom laughs when they come to the pool in full hair and make up with all their jewelry on , and they walk into the pool for a dip like they are walking on eggshells *LOL*[/QUOTE]
LOL X 2!!!

When I was visiting my Ma in Key West last February, there weren't many bluehairs at the Reach pool (called something else now, I don't remember what), but there WERE as lot of beautiful women with plastic boobs stuffed inside their bikini tops!

Can I say boobs? if one of the hosts doesn't think it's appropriate, please zap my message.

Thanks. lkt ;)

Sails, here a other side of the story. Its the waiters fault in most cases.
I only order fruit or soup, mention small portion of meat, and dessert.
But the waiter insist I should try this and that and more.
Have not been to the night buffet in years mostly allready asleep in the first show. But I love the pizza parlor.
Yes, people can buy all the food in the supermarket but most wives are glad to be served for a change.

Archived