Tesco Clubcard Points

BrianI

• 3 months later...
As some of you may know, you can now cash your clubcard points in with P&O Cruises (and Cunard).

Has anyone actually done this and can they only be used if you book directly with P&O

Brian[/quote

We have booked on Ventura's transatlantic in October using our Tesco points, got a lovely midship balcony which was not even showing as available online. Booked direct with P & O, cashed the points in online, received the vouchers through the post the next day and sent them by Royal Mail Special Delivery, job done. We got the cruise for the same price as if we had booked online, and cheaper than some of the agents were quoting.

We have a Tesco credit card so get a lot of points. We have booked a number of holidays using our points including a cruise and stay in Barbados last May booked via Virgin. We have got to buy food extra so this is a good way of getting something back, you get 4 times the value than if you just used them for purchases in store.

As some of you may know, you can now cash your clubcard points in with P&O Cruises (and Cunard).

Has anyone actually done this and can they only be used if you book directly with P&O

Brian[/quote

We have booked on Ventura's transatlantic in October using our Tesco points, got a lovely midship balcony which was not even showing as available online. Booked direct with P & O, cashed the points in online, received the vouchers through the post the next day and sent them by Royal Mail Special Delivery, job done. We got the cruise for the same price as if we had booked online, and cheaper than some of the agents were quoting.

We have a Tesco credit card so get a lot of points. We have booked a number of holidays using our points including a cruise and stay in Barbados last May booked via Virgin. We have got to buy food extra so this is a good way of getting something back, you get 4 times the value than if you just used them for purchases in store.

Brian

Another Tesco point collector here! Put £2,400 towards a cruise in August and just waiting for the brochure to come out for next year! Could not believe our luck when P&O joined deals.

Do you go on the PaidToShop forum St Lucia?

Another Tesco point collector here! Put £2,400 towards a cruise in August and just waiting for the brochure to come out for next year! Could not believe our luck when P&O joined deals.

Sorry about my triple post before connection playing up!!

No never hard of this before, looks interesting.

It really makes sense to use clubcard points in this way. It means we can enjoy trips which we otherwise would not consider. My other half has got a big zero birthday coming up in 2010 so we are now saving vouchers so we can really splash out. We've been west many times before so we would like to cruise Australia/New Zealand, just hope P & O has something suitable then?

Am I right in thinking you have to use these points within a certain period of receiving them, you cannot accumulate them over the year.When the Tesco points statement comes through, does it not give a use by date.

Also you can only use them when you book the cruise, not deduct the points from the balance owing.

Am I right in thinking you have to use these points within a certain period of receiving them, you cannot accumulate them over the year.When the Tesco points statement comes through, does it not give a use by date.

Also you can only use them when you book the cruise, not deduct the points from the balance owing.

The points are valid for 2 years, so if you are saving for a particular purpose you need to keep a watch on this. It is now very easy to check them in as you can do it online and they send you the vouchers by post within a couple of days.

You can only use them when you first book the cruise, you cannot add any later. We were concerned that we woud not get a good price for the cruise as we were using clubcard vouchers, but this was not the case.

Sorry about my triple post before connection playing up!!

No never hard of this before, looks interesting.

It really makes sense to use clubcard points in this way. It means we can enjoy trips which we otherwise would not consider. My other half has got a big zero birthday coming up in 2010 so we are now saving vouchers so we can really splash out. We've been west many times before so we would like to cruise Australia/New Zealand, just hope P & O has something suitable then?

If you get over there, pm me (I'm the same name! ;))

• 2 weeks later...

if you can pay for the whole cruise then okay but the agent just gives you less discount!!! p&o direct dont give discount but a travel agent will give 10% or more! so if you just use some points chances are it is not worth it!

just all beware before you do it thats !!!!!!! i know about this cos of my job!

if you can pay for the whole cruise then okay but the agent just gives you less discount!!! p&o direct dont give discount but a travel agent will give 10% or more! so if you just use some points chances are it is not worth it!

just all beware before you do it thats !!!!!!! i know about this cos of my job!

We were concerned that we might not get a good deal using our vouchers but this was not the case. Yes, we had to book direct with P and 0 but the price was the same as that quoted by an agent. Okay we did not get on board credit, but considering we got 4 times the cash value of the vouchers by using them in this way we are more than compensated. True, if you don't have many vouchers you would be advised to do a calculation to make sure it's worth while but we've done really well using our vouchers in this way.

• 4 weeks later...

Im also an avid points collector and im currently saving for another cruise. I have been on FOS for week, almost paid for entirley with points and im also going to Orlando for 2 weeks in November :D all paid for in deals bar £70.

Im trying to decide if P&O are for us. We loved RC and we will be bringing our 14 year son as well so need some good teen entertainment as well.

Forgot to say hi to Suzy :)

Im also an avid points collector and im currently saving for another cruise. I have been on FOS for week, almost paid for entirley with points

Hi Chirpy

Am I right in assuming that you mean Freedom of the Sea? :confused: If so can I use my Tesco points on Royal Caribbean Cruises?

Im also an avid points collector and im currently saving for another cruise. I have been on FOS for week, almost paid for entirley with points

Hi Chirpy

Am I right in assuming that you mean Freedom of the Sea? :confused: If so can I use my Tesco points on Royal Caribbean Cruises?

No not available, but is available for Cunard, have a look at their web site for other holiday offers.

Hi Chirpy

Yes if Virgin holidays have her sailing, we did the Western Caribbean in January.

If its for 09 then they might not have her on their intinery, have a look on the site. :D

Catwomen, just had a quick look and they have 2 stay and cruise options for the East and West Caribbean up till April 09. If you dont want the crusie and stay could still be worth giving them a call to see if you can get the cruise only. As long as its for 7 seven night (which it is) you might be able to do it. I have to say a cruise and stay wouldnt be any hardship lol.:D

I did not realise you could use your clubcard points on P&O. Shows what you can find out.

Now the question is:

I have already booked and paid for my next cruise in August and paid the deposit.

Before I pay the balance can I offset my voucher costs from that remaining price?>

Archived