Honeymoon cruise, BOOKED!!!!!!!!!

Jeepenfun

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! jumping0040.gifjumping0040.gifjumping0040.gifjumping0040.gifjumping0040.gifjumping0040.gif

Just booked the June 28th 2008 Carnival Liberty cruise for our honeymoon. Getting married on June 21st. Got a smoking deal on a balcony cabin. As of right now were in cabin 6274 but our TA is looking at getting a cabin closer to the front of the ship. I can't wait!!! He also gave us $50 OBC and noted to Carnival that this was our honeymoon so maybe we'll get another perk or 2. This will be both of our's first cruise and first time to the caribbean. My fiancee has never been anyplace tropical and she's very excited about going. The cruise will go through July 4th so wondering what kinda of festivals they'll have onboard. Maybe just being on the Liberty for the 4th will be good enough?

Anyone else on this cruise?

Now to start looking at what shore excursions to do. Ship is going to San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk and Halfmon cay.

Congrats!! Have an awesome trip. Your room looks like it is in a pretty good spot being right over the shops... if you move any closer to the front on deck 6 you will be over the auditorium, which outside of just having nightly shows can be used in the early morning for a meeting spots for lots of ship sponsored tours. Just keep that in mind if your TA offers you a new room... double check the floors above and below you first.

Also the front of the ship tends to have the most 'motion'. You are booked pretty early, and might want to try and take the exact opposite route, and have your TA look for any AFT balconies... never been in one, but heard they are the most sought after rooms on the ship.

Congrats!! Have an awesome trip. Your room looks like it is in a pretty good spot being right over the shops... if you move any closer to the front on deck 6 you will be over the auditorium, which outside of just having nightly shows can be used in the early morning for a meeting spots for lots of ship sponsored tours. Just keep that in mind if your TA offers you a new room... double check the floors above and below you first.

Also the front of the ship tends to have the most 'motion'. You are booked pretty early, and might want to try and take the exact opposite route, and have your TA look for any AFT balconies... never been in one, but heard they are the most sought after rooms on the ship.

OK TA just called back and said he got me cabin 6217 which is pretty far forward of the theater below and above is nothing more then more cabins. Were not concerned with the motion of the ship especialy being June/July where theres hardly any storm activity in the Bahamas or Northeastern caribbean. Everyone i've talked to says by that time of the year their praying for any rain they can get as it's usualy pretty hot. Doing some searching also a majority of everyone that sails during that time says the seas are very calm to even glass smooth. Plus with the ships stablizers I doubt it would make enough motion to make us green. :D

I have an Iron stomach and My fiancee is able to do rides at 6 flags Elitch gardens that would turn my stomach so I think were good.

WOW, Already got the email from Carnival for the e-docks ready for printing. :p

Just a word of advice/caution. My wife and I took a cruise for our honeymoon and noted that on our booking. When it came time for dinner, they sat us with 3 other couples who had also just married that weekend. This could be a good or bad thing for you, not sure. For us, it was horrible, we were enjoying the high of being married, but the conversations never really got past what everyone did for the weddings and almost seemed to be a contest as to who's was 'better'. We ended up deciding not to return to dinner most of the remaining nights.

Just consider that they may seat you the same. If I had to do it all over, I would have seen the Maitre'd immediately once onboard and requested a private table for two. Just a bit more romantic and honeymoon'y to us.

I guess Carnival felt we all had something in common, not sure if this is a common practice.

Hope this makes sense.

Archived