Excursions on Spirit, Mexican Riviera

jdlewis

Last year I think we snorkeled in Manzanilla and also snorkeled in Ixtapa. they were ok- but not as good as the snorkeling we've done in the Caribbean. We opted not to snorkel in Acapulco. Go to the mexican riviera board and you might get better info.

We are snorkeling in Ixtapa and Manzanillo. In Ixtapa we are hitting up Las Gatas beach on our own, just going to take a water taxi there. In Manzanillo we are going to take a taxi to Las Hadas on our own also. The tour is $89 on the boat but you can go on your own and buy a day use pass for $30 and they give you a coupon book good for food and drinks that equal that amount. In Acapulco we opted to take a tour with Rosie for the day.

I totally agree with marv..

i agree with las gatas,,, in ixtapa

and also in manzanillo we went to las hadas where la audencia beach is

we bought snorkel gear a few years ago from KMArt

it was 9.00 for the mask and snorkel..

i would take your own gear and then just take a water taxi to las gatas 3$ per person each way

the cruiseline charges like 80$ per person for this what a rip..

and then a cab to la audencia which was 15 each way for 4 people

We did this cruise last December. We snorkeled in Acapulco and Manzanillo. Elephant Rock in Manzanillo was awesome for snorkeling. We were the first ones into the water and we really didn't want to get out of the water when it was time to leave. There was a large variety of fish, and lots of them. I have been snorkeling several places on the Mexican Riviera, and this was by far the best for the fish we saw.

We did the dolphin swim in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo. Also a very neat experience.

We are snorkeling in Ixtapa and Manzanillo. In Ixtapa we are hitting up Las Gatas beach on our own, just going to take a water taxi there. In Manzanillo we are going to take a taxi to Las Hadas on our own also. The tour is $89 on the boat but you can go on your own and buy a day use pass for $30 and they give you a coupon book good for food and drinks that equal that amount. In Acapulco we opted to take a tour with Rosie for the day.

Hi Marvlgirl. We are on the same cruise and are planning these same two things. We have 3 boys so Los Gatas sounds perfect. Nothing like relaxing on the beach all day in Mexico. Getting closer! Can't wait. :)

Archived