New to Princess, have a cabin category question!!!

ruskatab

We are looking to book our first Princess cruise and need some advice. How do the mini suites compare to a 9A on Carnival and a JR. suite on RC? Ive had a corner aft balcony cabin on my last 3 three cruises but wanted to try a mini suite on Princess. Princess deck plans look like the corner aft cabins are the larger suites. I am so unfamiliar with the categories on Princess. Thanks!

The answer also depends on which ship you might be looking at.

The interior dimensions for each type of cabin generally stay the same regardless of how they might be coded, i.e. one minisuite isn't any different from the next, except for location. There are a few exceptions, of course. There is often significant differnce in balcony size within, so it really depends on what is more important to you, balcony space and degress of coverage/exposure or interior dimensions and layout.

Although mini suites on Princess have a totally different layout then you might find on RCI or Carnival, they do offer about the same type of cabin. Since you are used to a sitting area of sorts, the mini suite would be your best bet on Princess.

If you could give us an idea of which ship.ships you are considering, it would help out a bit. The Dawn Princess would be totally different then say the Crown or Emerald.

The mini suites have a seating area with a 2nd TV, they are very nice.

Take a look at CruiseStaterooms dot com pictures. Some of the balconies are completely uncovered, so check that out before booking if you want some shade.

Yes I guess the ship would be important...lol...were looking at the Star or the Golden for an Alaskan Cruise. I saw the pictures and a mini suite does look like the way to go. Anyone have a location in mind that they really liked?

Archived