Where to stay in Charleston w/shuttle

ElizSta

Hi all-

I've never been down to Charleston, so I really need some thoughtful advice.

DH and I will be flying in on a Friday night for a Saturday NCL cruise in April. That night, we need transportation from the airport and then to the cruise port. Since we'll be arriving late, it can be very basic, no sight-seeing, etc. We'd love either free shuttles or cheap taxi rides for both(under $20) Suggestions??? We'd like to keep this cheap, hopefully under $100.

When we get back, the following Saturday, we want to spend the day and night in Charleston and fly home Sunday. We will not rent a car. Again, we need transfers to the hotel and airport from the cruise port, but we'd like something convenient to the fun stuff there is to do during that day and night. Suggestions? We're on a budget here, so anything under $200 would be perfect. The lower the better. We can walk, we're young and vigorous :)

Thanks so much!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

You might want to check out the Ramada by the airport. We stayed there 11/2 after a late flight into CHS. They have a free shuttle from the airport or will pay for your cab if the shuttle isn't running when you land. The price was $100 incl taxes (AAA rate) and they had a nice hot buffet breakfast and a free shuttle downtown/to the pier (be sure to ask as it wasn't mentioned anywhere). The hotel is older and the bathrooms could use some work but it was fine for one night. There was also a microwave and fridge in the room and they had free wireless internet. We got to the pier a little before noon and checked in/got our cruise cards and then walked around Charleston and took a carriage tour before boarding the ship. After the cruise you may want to stay in the historic district if you can find something reasonably priced as it could be a pain to have to take your luggage to the hotel and then come back downtown. I had a Sat evening flight and so after leaving the ship on 11/10 I checked my luggage at the Days Inn on Market Street (even though I wasn't staying there, they were very accomodating - I'm guessing other hotels would do the same - this was the first one I asked - based on its proximity to the pier - about a 5 min walk) and then spent the day exploring Charleston. At the end of the day, they called me a taxi to the airport.

Archived